• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird cage location

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I would love for you to share more pics!
I see and hear of the YCM's a fair bit (I will get some one day!) but never the hahns- he is so cute :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Don't be sorry! You have been a huge help and this is the sort of assistance I needed. The landlord is my grandparents haha, they own the house, and my grandma is the one against it being indoors, unfortunately I haven't been able to convince her to leave his cage indoors.

I will have to consider all these points before making a decision. I am worried about things like stray cats and bees that may be lurking around. If worst comes to worst and I can't make it work, I will try and find him a better owner, but I'm hoping I can make it work well outdoors
I bet your grandma thinks they are dusty like cockies, is that possible? - many people know of bird dust being a problem and health risk and will ask me straight away about my breathing (I have asthma) when they discover Burt lives inside and in my bedroom lol. I personally would never survive a week indoors with a 2 but I am pretty sure I could bring 7 more macs inside and still not meet the dust levels of the one cocky I have lol

iamsaleeb

Moving in
Real Name
Anthony
I bet your grandma thinks they are dusty like cockies, is that possible? - many people know of bird dust being a problem and health risk and will ask me straight away about my breathing (I have asthma) when they discover Burt lives inside and in my bedroom lol. I personally would never survive a week indoors with a 2 but I am pretty sure I could bring 7 more macs inside and still not meet the dust levels of the one cocky I have lol
So thing is, at the moment, he is located in the formal lounge, but she wants him outside, I think she was almost persuaded on a corner at the edge of the kitchen, but I've read so many things about fumes that can kill birds, and I can't trust that if I'm not at home, she won't accidently smoke up the kitchen (she has done in the past). So I thought it would be too risky to be put there. We do have a garage, but he would be way more isolated there than our backyard varanda, because our garage is separated completely from us

iamsaleeb

Moving in
Real Name
Anthony
I would love for you to share more pics!
I see and hear of the YCM's a fair bit (I will get some one day!) but never the hahns- he is so cute :heart:
Haha here is 2 more photos from earlier this evening :) I'll be super to collect a bunch of photos and send them through.

I have been trying to teach him step up and step down for today and yesterday. He is one talented bird

Attachments