• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big steps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Louise
We got Twisted and Pinja about 10 months ago, i got them from a normal pet store. They were not tame, they were very afraid of people.

Today its amazing how far they have come even though we got 4 untame birds in the house. Twisted and Pinja has started to come over to us and eat close to us. They come when we sit at the Pc or lappy, they want to know what we are doing. The past week has been amazing! Twisted bid Julio as i wrote on the Lovebird forum :lol: Yesterday Twisted came sitting on my head aswell as my laptop while i was playing TLA movies. He kept walking around my head, flying back to the laptop and just wanted to come close. He has come jumping on Julios arm when he is playing computer games, and today he and Pinja jumped my arm to to eat what was in front of me. It was sooooo amazing :hug8: Their tail kept going on my arm while they ate millets. A few hours ago Twisted started nippeling Julios finger, and right now he is just sitting on Julio's keyboard looking at him. Just looking, nothing els! They have come far!! Everyday they do something new to blow our minds:hug8:

Twisted has been sitting infront of Julio's keyboard and looking at Julio for about 30min now lol

ParrotletPal

Walking the driveway
That's great. Progess like that probably makes all the patience and time feel all worth it. Did you do anything special to encourage them to trust you? Or, was it the usual sitting nearby and just letting them watch you and take things at their own pace?

Julio

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Julio
It has been a big rollercoaster for twisted and pinja, We got them when they where young but they where together and allready bonded. In my experience trying to tame more then 1 lovebird is harder since they will more likely bond to eachother. Unless you have a tame lovie allready then the tame lovie can teach the others that they can trust you.

But yeah Twisted and Pinja have been clipped about 1 month after we got them. But unfortunatly they got the full clip so whenever they tried to fly they would just fall down like rocks, couldnt even glide, because of that they have been more afraid of us. It was done by apparently a bird vet in denmark here. They have only recently started to fly and i guess they feel more comfortable now knowing that they can fly away from us whenever there might come danger. Because of that they have been bonding more and more the last week, Twisted more then Pinja but we have all the time in the world.

As to your question , sorry for the long story :lol:, we have been letting them be and not trying to force them to trust us. Mostly trying to lure them with millets and keep getting the millet closer and closer to us. Just a few minutes ago i actualy put some millet in my hoody near my neck and twisted had no problem going for it. Also they seem to be getting more of a interest in us even if we dont have any millet. But yeah step by step i am sure eventualy they will trust us fully. Cant Wait

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sounds like wonderful progress to me and that is what they needed..LOVE

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That sounds like wonderful progress, what a good job you're doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.