• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bellatrix, I love you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I forget the date I got Bella, but I know it was between July 24th-28th. But I'm going to post this today.

In July 2011, I wanted another parakeet. So on my Birthday, my mom told me I could get another one. So a few days later, I went to petsmart to buy a big new cage for Weasley and Hermione, so I could put the new keet in the other one. Then I went to look at the keets. I looked at them for a while, and this little yellow and black one was just staring at me. If I would walk away, she would go to the end of the cage to try and follow me. So I decided I would get her. The lady who got her with the net :)mad:) and clipped her wings told me she was the worst bird she ever had to get out, she drew blood! She screamed the whole way home, and then I decided to name her Bellatrix. After the death eater from Harry Potter.:p Then I gave her the middle name Butterfly, just because I liked it! When we got home, I put her in her quarantine cage and just stared at you for a while. Then I stuck my hand in the cage, and she stepped right up! (Which made me and my mom laugh, because the lady said you were the worst!:rolleyes:) I was so happy, because petsmart birds are never tame!

I would bring Weasley and Hermione's cage out, so they could chat with Bella. She was such a show off! She sung, and played in her ring toy. But only when she saw or heard them.

After her 30 day quarantine, I put her in with Weasley and Hermione, and they were all friends! After a few days, I noticed all the birds were puffed up and not eating. I realized Bella must have had something that I didn't notice! :( So I moved them out of the bedroom so Pea would be safe. I kept them warm and all, and after a week or two they got better.:)

Bella and Hermione fell in love (both girls! lol!), and started to be mean to Weasley. They wouldn't let her eat, or play with any of the toys. So I had to feed her out of the cage. After I got Jacob, he showed them that Weasley would get what she wanted! :p

Here we are, about a year later, and you are no longer tame. It's makes me so sad that I can't even hold you anymore. I can't believe my sweet baby is now wild and mean, but I know it's my fault. I wish I could tame her again, but I know that won't happen.

Anway, I love you Bellatrix. Tame or not, I will always love you.

Pictures from her first night home.

Still from the first night, I miss this so much!

A few days after she came home, with her favorite ring toy.

Taken this month.

Bell-Bell......

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Bellatrix is such a beautiful girl! I love her name. I know it's sad that she's not "tame", but you can rejoice in her independent shining spirit... :heart:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank you.:)

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Happy Gotcha Day, she is a very pretty girl. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.