• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Belinda

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Belinda is six weeks now and acting like a cat. She is still way too small, which actually has us abit worried about her health, hopefully she will be seeing the vet on Friday. Other than that she is super adventerous and will be getting a playpen soon as she cannot be allow much play time without close supervision as she has been mistaken for a rat a couple times. We have been working on getting her to eat kitten food, slowly but surely.

20210505_125022~2.jpg
20210505_125154~2.jpg
20210505_125152~2.jpg
@MiniMacaw

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww Belinda is such a teeny tiny cutie!

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Oh such a sweet little baby!

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Belinda is the perfect name and she’s just perfectly cute and tiny! :heart: :heart2::heart:

Has she taken to soft kitten food yet at all? At 6 weeks she’s definitely super tiny, but runts can be tiny and stay that way for a while with nothing wrong. The vet visit for getting her baseline should be able to tell you more and rule out any potential issues that could be causing stunted growth. Some things that can cause it are feline leukemia, congenital hypothyroidism, or any number of conditions that prevent nutrient absorption like worms that they’re born with. But all that said, I’ve personally seen a handful of cats that were done growing and weighed about 4 lbs soaking wet. So healthy runts do happen and with her bright eyes I have my fingers crossed everything goes wonderfully at the vets.
:catrub:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Has she taken to soft kitten food yet at all?
Once she ate it normally, but has since forgotten how she is surposed to eat the strange stuff. Now i offer it in her formula and she likes it that way.
Personly she does look healthy, but i want to be 100% sure.
She brings back quite a few memories for my family as we rescued a runt puppy years ago. She's also such a snuggle bug :heart:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
She's adorable, but definitely a bit scrawny. Glad to hear she's booked for an appointment. Be sure to bring a fecal sample (stalk the box, then bag & refrigerate 'till her appointment). Parasites often come back with kittens who've had a rough start.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
She's adorable, but definitely a bit scrawny. Glad to hear she's booked for an appointment. Be sure to bring a fecal sample (stalk the box, then bag & refrigerate 'till her appointment). Parasites often come back with kittens who've had a rough start.
One of the main reasons for the vet is we were really struggling to find a wormer for under six week old kittens, and combine with her tiny size we didn't want to risk anything. So we'll be picking up a wormer.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Awww Belinda! So adorable!:xflove::xflove: