• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Been a while so here's a bunch of Nike pics.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a little pinheaded sweetheart!

bill-e

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bill Esposito
One thing you'll notice in all my pics and videos is that Nike uses her headdress as part of her normal dialog, interaction and expression. Most "experts" on Youtube always associate the articulation of the headdress with aggression or dominance which is just not true in my experience.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny rarely raises her headdress so with her I really don't know.

I think it has to do with excitement. That could be good or bad. An overly excited Hawkhead has to be carefully handled.

I imagine they can raise it for lots of reasons. You would hardly know Penny has one. If she raises it its just a second or so.

Nike sure is a darling!

bill-e

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bill Esposito
Penny rarely raises her headdress so with her I really don't know.

I think it has to do with excitement. That could be good or bad. An overly excited Hawkhead has to be carefully handled.

I imagine they can raise it for lots of reasons. You would hardly know Penny has one. If she raises it its just a second or so.

Nike sure is a darling!
Thanks, Does Penny have any vocal warnings? Nike will hiss to tell me that she really doesn't like what I'm doing and that she's going to bite but for the last couple of years those bites are just warnings and nothing too hard. I just continue my action, like picking her up, and let her hiss and bite which like I said is pretty mild and stops after just a second or two as she acquiesces. She also has a creaking sound that she makes when she is being annoyed. keep it up and the hiss will soon follow.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Her beauty is out of this world! I truly could stare at her all day :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hi Bill, I have fixed those older pictures for you.

They weren´t being shown because they are linked and not uploaded. The site they are linked from is not HTTPS so our forum security will not show them.
On chrome, right click the picture and select "open image in new tab". to view them on a unsecured page.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like you all had a great trip! I have two cages like that. One for the budgies and one for Opie—who is about the same size as your Nike.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, I have that poquito cage in gray. Heavy but strong & useful! Glad you got the zips attaching the top better as sometimes it can come loose if you pull up on it.

bill-e

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bill Esposito
Here's a shot of Nike that I took with my Samsung S21 Ultra phone. I'm about 10' away from her and I used the 10x optical zoom, iso 800, f4.9 and 1/30sec shutter with auto HDR processing on.
Between the motion blur caused by the slow shutter and the HDR processing I think it produced a unique picture of my baby who was moving around and preening.

20220308_135843.jpg