• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak grinding....quivers?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I've noticed recently that Secret sometimes "quivers" while sitting on my leg.

The bird isn't doing anything else at the time. The little body shakes and I feel it on my leg.

Last night the bird did beak grinding too (but not at the time I noticed the quivering).

I'm going to pay more attention to this but wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Opie quivers when he’s excited and wants out of his cage, I’ve noticed. But since Secret is already out???

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Howard does this occasionally, usually when he's tired or almost asleep. If he's on my shoulder I can feel him shake for awhile than he's asleep. Our house is always the same temperature and he's never in drafts so I took it he was just relaxing before sleep. But Howard isn't exactly normal anyway :xflove:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Howard does this occasionally, usually when he's tired or almost asleep. If he's on my shoulder I can feel him shake for awhile than he's asleep. Our house is always the same temperature and he's never in drafts so I took it he was just relaxing before sleep. But Howard isn't exactly normal anyway :xflove:
Secret isn't normal either

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
My Sam does both. When he is getting ready to go to bed, he grinds his beak. i think it is a sign of contentment. He also quivers when he wakes up, as if he is not quite awake yet. He has been doing both behaviors for almost all of his 38 years, so I think they are just a normal part of his personality.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Good to know folks!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Henry and Lola also quiver. Even in relaxed states. I think it's often related to nervousness, uncertainty, or distrust..... but mostly uncertainty. I'll pay more attention to Lola when I scratch her head to see if the quivering stops when I scratch her head. She'll come out and perch on her door when I change her papers and do the quivering. It could be anticipation... her wondering what I'll do.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Buddy quivers when he's cold but beak grinds when he's content. So IDK... I've got to keep an eye on it, maybe I've never noticed.