• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bath time

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Possibly not the right subforum.. But it has been such a good day so far (still gotta go to work later :lol: )

Yesterday this huuuge order came in that included avicakes and a foragging log.. The combination became an immediate hit!

And later on we had a bath, Loki style;
He took his baths in the water bowl only.. So now when I see him he wants to take a bath I open the water bowl latch so he's not crammed in the corner of the cage and when he's really into it start the spraying..
One day it is my hope and dream we will have baths together in the shower.. He still freaks out if a single droplet touches him while in there and yet our breakthrough conversetion was made there when he was "drybathing" (he puffs up and does the signature moves well away from water).
We are currently drying and having a nice conversation about all the good there is:
20200305_112007.jpg
And I know, this all is nothing special... But then again.. Life is full of these nothing special moments that make it worth living!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My internet is slow for some reason and I’m having trouble loading the videos so I’ll have to watch them later :)

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Loki is such a beautiful bird -- I love how alert and expressive his eyes are when he found his avicake treat in the foraging log :xflove:

And I agree with you! I love just spending time with my birds. Its during these times that I notice so many little things about them that makes each of their personalities so unique to me -- when a stranger just sees "a bird."

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
YEEEEEEEEESSSSS! :bliss:

Loki decided it was high time to do the next step. Instead of just testing by catching and licking the stray shower jet and dry bathing.. he went under :yahoo:here it is;

lisa coy

Moving in
Real Name
Lisa McCoy
These are so cute. Bathing my birds are absolutely one of my most fave things to do and something i have, over the years, learnt a lot from others about. I try not to use my faucet and often use a small cup i have kept for this.

Savage

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Savage Sturgis
I enjoyed it but there was a problem between me and my bird. It seems that he doesn't like to bathe or I bathe right. I saw him often cry and jump away from the tap, I was trying to figure out why. Seeing this video I really love and want to be like that