• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Barrel Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Some of you may remember that I was doing therapeutic horseback riding. Then it was decided that I didn't need the support of therapeutic lessons and so I moved into able-bodied lessons which freed up a spot in therapeutic lessons for someone who needed it.

Anyhow I am still enjoying my lessons and entered my first barrel race!

You can see that I have plenty of room for improvement but I did get 2nd place.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
ooh ooh ooh Awesome!!! Love that horse's blue eye :D

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Fantastic!!!!! :cheer: :laughing12: :highfive: Great job!!!
And another horse lover to share stories with! YAY! :dance5::bounce5: :dance4:

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
You go girl!!! Great job; you should be really proud of yourself. Where are you riding?

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I ride at Horses for Hope. index The people there are just super. I was really impressed when I got the slot for therapeutic riding. Based on the prices I had seen on other websites I expected to pay about $40 a lesson. What I found out was that they charge a sliding fee of $0-10 per lesson and the participant or their parents makes the decision on how much they can afford. That's a real boon to someone dealing with a chronic disability. Doctors, therapists and medical equipment can really take a bite out of your budget. The proceeds of the able-bodied lessons support the therapeutic program. Even if I wasn't riding there I'd support them financially.
:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Wow, I am soooooo jealous. I loved, loved, loved speed and action events when I had horses back in the day. You look great!!

Ginger

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:DCarmie, looks like alot of fun, you go Girl! Well it's not like you aren't in horse country here :D Is that place down in Willow Spring?

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
It sure looks like great fun!! Congrats on getting second place well done :highfive:

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Good job! I used to volunteer at a therapeutic riding center & really miss it. Maybe next season I can go back. And as to my own horses & barrels - they would laugh their little horsie tails off at me trying to make their round sides move like that. Enjoy!

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
:DCarmie, looks like alot of fun, you go Girl! Well it's not like you aren't in horse country here :D Is that place down in Willow Spring?
It is at the intersection of Banks/Fanny Brown which I think may actually be a Raleigh address. But it is only 5 minutes away from Willow Spring. :D

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It is at the intersection of Banks/Fanny Brown which I think may actually be a Raleigh address. But it is only 5 minutes away from Willow Spring. :D
I went to the site, looks like a great place. Will you be getting your own horse someday? :hehe:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
You done fantastic, congratulations on 2nd place! :dance4: I used to ride an ex barrel racing horse and boy are they FAST horses - she would speed off so fast!

LoveMyConure

Meeting neighbors
I just sold my horse. I used to barrel race and I loved it! Congrats on second place!! You did good.

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I went to the site, looks like a great place. Will you be getting your own horse someday? :hehe:
I've been trying to get my own horse since I've been 4! But now I have a really good reason, it might help me learn to walk without crutches again!

And they ought to make the drunk driver who put me on crutches pay for the horse, vet, farrier, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.