• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad news re Riley coming home Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Yippy That's so exciting!! :starshower:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
YAY!!!! :laughing12::dancing::dance5:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:yah: I'm sooo excited for you!
Just make sure that you have his cage ready and that the toys, perches etc are all in EXACTLY the right spot, OK? :D

And please, do remember to BREATHE!!! :p

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Thanks everyone.... I'm trying hard to focus my energies on other things so I don't completely lose my mind before Friday night. :lol:
I've edited my siggy line and I think I have Riley's cage pretty much the way I want it now (until tomorrow when I decide that I should change a toy or something :rolleyes:). All I need now is a pedi-perch for him and I'll pick that up when I make a trip down to the city....
OH! And I found mixed nuts already out in one of our local stores yesterday so I bought 10 1/2 pounds of them! :rofl: Baby's not much of a nut eater (which is a good thing), so they're mostly for Riley and my hubs and me. Yummy!

Last edited:

Ladyredwingrider

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Moni
You know its funny that we all get so excited even when it comes to someone else fid. I'm just so tickled for you, just think friday you get to see, smell and cuddle that little guy of yours. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thanks Moni! And I completely know what you mean. I think it's because we know how excited we were when our new faby came into our lives and we can totally empathize and share that joy and anxiousness with the others here when they're experiencing it. It's just one of the best things about living on AA! :hug8:
And I can't WAIT to hold Riley in my arms and bury my face in his feathery little head! I really do miss that macaw smell! :heart:

Last edited:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
You must be so excited!!! I remember being so pumped the day Pru was coming home!

Abbie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Abbie
YAY!!!! I'm so, so, so excited for you! I can't wait to see all the pictures of Riley on his homecoming day!

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
Thats wonderful I can't wait til he gets home and hear all the story's about this little one they are so sweet at this age. I know because Asariel is the same age as Riley and she is so cuddly and so smart. you are going to have the time of your life with him. You may want to pick up some baby formula just in case he reverts a bit my Asariel is the same age and she still eats 2handfeedings a day. She eats good also but she still wants her morning and night feeding. I hope she weans soon

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Congrats! Can't wait to see endless pictures :)

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Holy moly are there gonna be pics and stories....and more pics! :hehe:

The baby formula is a good idea I think...just in case...but I'm not really sure where to get it. :confused: I was lucky with Tiku, cuz he was happy with whatever mushy hot stuff I made for him (esp. malt o meal), but Riley is about a month younger than Tiku was when he made the trip home, so he may not be as easily comforted. Where do you guys get your formula?

Only 2 more days guys! :bounce4:

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :dance5::dance5: hurry up riley!! :lol:

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Who me? Excited?
:excited1::cheer::bounce1::starshower::bounce5: :bounce7: :bounce4: :yahoo:

What ever gives you that idea? :hehe:
I'm going absolutely cuckoo over here!

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Most pet stores have at least the small containers of it. I get mine at Bird Supply of NH b/c they are local to me but you can order online as well :) Just make sure it is the same brand he was on before. I always recommend Zupreem (Macaw Formula) the one time I used Exact I had a problem.

Last edited:

jessherpaco

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherry
We get our formula at any of the pet stores. Petco Petsmart any of the big chain pet stores carry it! Oh I bet you are soooo anxious and excited!!!! Hopefully the next 2 days will fly by for you! Can't wait to hear stories and see tons of pics!!

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thanks for the advice there Nicole! I know he's on Roudybush pellets right now, but I'll find out for sure what formula he was on.

Sherry, I hadn't even THOUGHT about Petsmart! I've never needed formula before, and that they would carry it never even crossed my mind. I'm such a dork! :lol:

MollyMouse

How did I miss this thread :confused: :o: I'm so excited for you Meredith :dancing::dancing: Can't wait to see heaps of pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.