• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad customer experience with some local dog groomers <long>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I guess that grooming place has never seen a pelted coat (when the fur comes off all in one piece). I've seen much MUCH worse on labrador/poodle mixes. Shelties just have coarse fur (mostly near their rear) that a good dryer and brushing would take care of in a jiffy after a nice sudsy bath :)

Exactly, their rear area is very course and thick. I love keeping his 'trousers' in the back area. :D

IMO owning this breed from a puppy, you wait all those years to grow out that magnificant coat! You don't wait 6-8 yrs to shave it off!

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Exactly, their rear area is very course and thick. I love keeping his 'trousers' in the back area. :D

IMO owning this breed from a puppy, you wait all those years to grow out that magnificant coat! You don't wait 6-8 yrs to shave it off!
I know! It doesn't just grow overnight! Even the "shepherd butt" as i like to call it shouldn't be shaved. uggh some people just shouldn't be groomers (and you're hearing that from a bather/brusher, who is by no means an expert). Anyone can groom a dog, but to do it correctly and know the breed is another matter entirely. I count my lucky stars the groomer I worked for knew her stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.