• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad budgie breeders are the worst

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Sorry I'm so late to the game, I'm usually never online during the weekends.

I'm glad your instinct was to not trust that first breeder, something is definitely NOT RIGHT with wanting to get rid of an entire family of birds, with small chicks. Very suspicious and unethical for sure!

I'm in Ottawa, so pretty close to you, just across the river.

The chick you chose looks super cute, I'm glad you found her :)

I always encourage my clients to come over to my house, and meet all the chicks in person to see which one they fall in love with. I also want them to see the bird room, the flight cages, the breeding cages, the parents.... I basically want them to see everything ! That way they know exactly where the chicks are coming from, they see the effort I put in every day with cleaning, sprouting, taming, training, playing...the works! I want them to be completely happy that they are getting a healthy bird from a nice clean aviary with lots of love and effort put in.

Keep us posted on your new little chick! And of course ask all the questions you want.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Sorry I'm so late to the game, I'm usually never online during the weekends.

I'm glad your instinct was to not trust that first breeder, something is definitely NOT RIGHT with wanting to get rid of an entire family of birds, with small chicks. Very suspicious and unethical for sure!

I'm in Ottawa, so pretty close to you, just across the river.

The chick you chose looks super cute, I'm glad you found her :)

I always encourage my clients to come over to my house, and meet all the chicks in person to see which one they fall in love with. I also want them to see the bird room, the flight cages, the breeding cages, the parents.... I basically want them to see everything ! That way they know exactly where the chicks are coming from, they see the effort I put in every day with cleaning, sprouting, taming, training, playing...the works! I want them to be completely happy that they are getting a healthy bird from a nice clean aviary with lots of love and effort put in.

Keep us posted on your new little chick! And of course ask all the questions you want.
Awe, it's alright. I'm glad I didn't go with the first lady as well. There was something very not right about the whole danged thing. Especially after I mentioned not knowing how to take care of chicks. She just told me that 'the mother will take care of them' and I wouldn't have to worry at all.

I might still have to budge ya for a budgie, though, once this little gal (or guy?) is settled in. I know they do better in pairs, and I'd like my birds to be as happy as can be. Would that be alright with you?

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Awe, it's alright. I'm glad I didn't go with the first lady as well. There was something very not right about the whole danged thing. Especially after I mentioned not knowing how to take care of chicks. She just told me that 'the mother will take care of them' and I wouldn't have to worry at all.

I might still have to budge ya for a budgie, though, once this little gal (or guy?) is settled in. I know they do better in pairs, and I'd like my birds to be as happy as can be. Would that be alright with you?

Absolutely! I have two hens sitting on eggs right now, and two more pairs set up.

I'll send you a PM with more info. :)

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
:pinkgrin: I mayyyyyy have reserved her as soon as I saw more pictures... All of the other budgies were bunched up together and looking at the camera in their ad, and she was just not having any of it. This little floof wanted out of the basket.

She was born on the 12th, so I have to wait 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure if she's actually female or not, I'm not entirely sure about budgie genetics. Her mom is sky blue and danish pied, while her father is sf yellow, sky blue and dominant pied. The breeder thinks she's likely sky blue, opalline and danish pied.

(I think sky blue is the right translation? In french, we say 'blue ciel').
If dad is not a visual opaline then hes split making then the chick a hen plus its a dom pied opaline you can tell its opal by the white down feathers