• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I have an update on the Red-bellied babies.

In this previous thread, I has shared pictures of two babies. It turns out that they are both males and I want a female.

Well, they have a sibling. This little one is not with it's brothers since the dad attacked it (I think this is what prompted the babies to be pulled out slightly earlier than planned, can't remember). Anyways, the little boys are at a pet store being fed by someone there (had there been a female, the breeder would have got it back to sell to me, or so that was the initial plan) and one of the owners of the store did not want the injured one so it went back home with the breeder. I've been getting updates on how it was doing, although I kept hoping one of the two "ok" ones would be a female, I always kept thinking of him/her. The breeder hasn't got the little one sexed yet, should be done shortly I guess, and I'm really hoping it is a female. I had kind of promised myself my "last" bird for a while would be a healthy baby bird (in contrast to the other ones; two I got young but had issues with their legs the other three are rehome/rescues) but I can't help but want this one and give it a proper home. I am set on getting a female though...and will pass if it's a male (good thing I don't live closer and be able to visit him/her in person otherwise I might be done in for).

So, please cross your fingers that this one is a female...I know it won't change the outcome but it can't hurt ;)

If it's a male...well I'll wait for another clutch. I waited until now, I can wait some more.

A picture, you can see it has a dent in it's beak, although this is not preventing playing (look at the chewed toy) and it has a healthy appetite :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:worthy:PLease let HER be a girl!!

:heart: What a cutie!!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I agree, a real cutie :heart:

Can't wait to know what sex it is though..

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
awww I'll take the two boys!!! I'm IN LOVE with Red Bellies!!!! :)

I hope it's a girl for you!!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
I hope it is a girlie for you!!! I'll keep things crossed! ;)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw so adorable... My fingers are crossed over here for ya :)

Cory

Real Name
Cory
I'm sorry that neither of the original two babies are females. Hopefully this one is! :)

The ones who have "imperfections" tend to pull at my heart more and this little baby must be special. I hope it's a "she"! :rolleyes: :)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
She sent me more pictures last night.
Here is my favorite of the bunch. So cute :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.