• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Believe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rachel
3x a day feeding, 8 weeks old

Can I cuddle him? I dont want to stress him out, but he is active in his cage, and obviously wants to be cuddled.

:o:

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What species of bird is he? Most species by 8 weeks can have some cuddle time. If its a large species that still needs to grow in a lot of feathers, you might need to keep it short so he can stay warm in the brooder. Lots of small species are already flying around and nearly independent at that age.
Melissa

TheBeesKnees

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lindsey Champine
Random question, but have you ever owned a baby before? Also, do you have children? I really do believe that fids are just like newborns in alot of ways at that age. Though it's sad the "breeder" sold it to you at such a young age, if you keep the mentality of how you'd treat your own child you'll get through it. And furthermore, though I am sure everyone is happy to help on AA, myself included, every movement throughout your day with the baby need not be questioned. IT WILL BE OK. At some point, you have to put your "big girl panties on"--yes, I am using that term, and get some confidence. You can do this!! :) I have raised conures growing up, and though I don't own one now, am sure I can answer any related questions you may have....but honestly, say to yourself, you have to do this, therefore you WILL..... :hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Yes, I would be cuddling your baby Sunny. :) Allow him to get use to the cage, independent play and cuddles. Don't over cuddle, but there is nothing wrong with a cuddle, imo :)

SteinhebelAviary

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Leah
I would say cuddle but in short rounds. Depending on how many feathers the bird has you want to either keep it warm in the brooder or get use to the cage. I raise P'lets so they are going to new homes at 8 weeks since they are fully weened and cage trained. But we cuddle our babies about 10 min or less then back in the brooder or the cage. Once our babies start getting pin feathers we will pull them out between feeding times so they can get some cuddle time.

Status
Not open for further replies.