• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Bella the rescued pigeon

FiatLux

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Isabelle
Baby Bella is our newest family member. And she’s adorable. Syringe feeding has been one of the more nerve wracking experiences I’ve had in a while —but I’ve had amazing support from a lovely volunteer at Palomacy, an amazing dove and pigeon rescue and from a generous vet tech at Medical Center for Birds. Pitchounette is unfazed, the canary cares not and my kids are so sweet and careful with her. She spends many hours in between feedings staying warm in a baby blanket under my shirt while Pitchounette is on my shoulder. I’ve turned into the batty bird lady (as alliterative as crazy cat?) and couldn’t be happier.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Call me AB
She is so precious! :cloud9:
Her name is so perfect, welcome little Bella! :heart:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Ohhh Baby!! She's tiny!! So glad she has you now. :xflove:

Zara

☃ ❀ ❁ ♡ ❤️ ♡ ❁ ❀
Super Moderator
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh wow, her bones sticking out so much on that last pic of her. She must have been so hungry when she was found.
She´s looking so much better now! :swoon:

Bella, meaning Beautiful, yes, very fitting for her because of how she was rejected for her looks, but is actually very, very beautiful! :loveshower:

I look forward to more updates :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww she's absolutely precious! Congrats on welcoming her into your life.

FiatLux

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Isabelle
Well I have to say that rehabbing an injured bird especially of a species that is new to me is…hard. I feel like I’m never sure of what I’m doing and given that this poor baby is so injured, I am always a little anxious. Her surgery was pushed back to next Thursday and that too is nerve wracking. She is as sweet as can be —and the fact that she is so dependent and imprinted on a human is heart breaking even as I try to remember the blessing it is to witness her capacity to bond across species. Sorry y’all -I’m a little sentimental this evening. I just wish I knew how to make her all better and reconciling myself to the fact that I do not have control of the situation is challenging.

Nichole615

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nichole
You clearly have such a big heart! :heart2:
Give yourself some grace for not knowing how to navigate a situation you've never experienced before. It's tough to see others suffer and not be able to do more to help. She's got a second chance at life now.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
She really couldnt be in a better place and whilst you cant control everything what you can control you will.