• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

babies are ok but mom is acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
she is feeding the baby's fine but when she is not with them she is with victor (her hubby) and is begging for food its about the only thing she dose and she is out enough to get her own food with some help but she's being fed so much her face is encrusted with it and i worried about how much time she spends begging to him. i do not want to pull the baby's till brake (in a week in a halve) but what do you think i should do or I'm i just paranoid and this is normal

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
How many babies are there? Is she maybe having a hard time keeping them fed?

I have never breed birds, but I've spent a long time on message boards and heard from a lot of breeders in the 8 years I've had birds.

I think there are a few things to consider.

Are the babies FULL and being feed well?

Are the babies warm? Chicks that feel cold are in trouble.

Is the mother maintaining her weight? (Can she keep up with the feedings?)

Is the mother displaying any other signs of illness or neglect?

Honestly is sounds to me like a worn out Mama who is very hungry (after feeding chicks) and is begging for food from the father in order to keep the babies and herself feed. But as long as everyone is warm, feed and okay, then I don't see a problem.

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
How many babies are there? Is she maybe having a hard time keeping them fed? 3 and maybe

I have never breed birds, but I've spent a long time on message boards and heard from a lot of breeders in the 8 years I've had birds.

I think there are a few things to consider.

Are the babies FULL and being feed well? yes they are nice and fed

Are the babies warm? Chicks that feel cold are in trouble. not really as they huddle up in a little pile

Is the mother maintaining her weight? (Can she keep up with the feedings?) we bought a scall but the thing dosnt work so i have no way to tell other then looking and feeling

Is the mother displaying any other signs of illness or neglect? no

Honestly is sounds to me like a worn out Mama who is very hungry (after feeding chicks) and is begging for food from the father in order to keep the babies and herself feed. But as long as everyone is warm, feed and okay, then I don't see a problem.
ok its just been vary odd and this is my first time with budgies but i have bred finches before thanks for repling

Status
Not open for further replies.