• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AviX Soother Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Going to get this for Emily. Now that her attention is diverted from egg-tennis she is restarting the squealing and plucking behavior from a year ago :(
We've tried three different meds...the last one almost killed her. So i won't do anymore meds but am hoping this will do the trick or at least soothe her skin

AviX Soother Spray 8 oz - AVIX/HEALX by MY BIRD SAFE STORE

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saroj ..

I have the Soother Spray, but quite honestly, I found another product I love that Kathie also stocks .. the Avian Solution Spray.

Enkidu went thru an absolutely HORRIBLE molt last year .. I mean, he was terrible looking!! He wouldn't leave the new feathers coming in alone and was just itchy and jumpy.

I tried several different things, but found the Avian Solution did the trick. Within a few days, he wasn't fussing as much, was leaving his new feathers alone, and seemed a lot happier.

I've also used it on minor "boo boos", even on myself, and it really does sooth and repair.

Anyhoo .. just thought I'd let you know .. if you're already ordering, might not hurt to throw a bottle in to try.

Avian Solution 24 ounce *ON SALE!!* - PLUCKERS & OVERPREENERS by MY BIRD SAFE STORE

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:hug8: For Miss Emily and for you! :hug8: I have heard good things about the Avian Solution as well!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:(:hug8::(

Hope about more showers? More shreddables and a bit more efa (essential fatty acids) in her diet?:huh:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:eek: Emily! :hug8:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Saroj ..

I have the Soother Spray, but quite honestly, I found another product I love that Kathie also stocks .. the Avian Solution Spray.

Enkidu went thru an absolutely HORRIBLE molt last year .. I mean, he was terrible looking!! He wouldn't leave the new feathers coming in alone and was just itchy and jumpy.

I tried several different things, but found the Avian Solution did the trick. Within a few days, he wasn't fussing as much, was leaving his new feathers alone, and seemed a lot happier.

I've also used it on minor "boo boos", even on myself, and it really does sooth and repair.

Anyhoo .. just thought I'd let you know .. if you're already ordering, might not hurt to throw a bottle in to try.

Avian Solution 24 ounce *ON SALE!!* - PLUCKERS & OVERPREENERS by MY BIRD SAFE STORE
LOL! I was just about to post that Saroj should try the Avian Solution. I love the stuff! Helped my Oliver (Eclectus) a couple of years ago when he decided to yank all of his chest feathers one day - all in one day, too!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
LOL! I was just about to post that Saroj should try the Avian Solution. I love the stuff! Helped my Oliver (Eclectus) a couple of years ago when he decided to yank all of his chest feathers one day - all in one day, too!
Kathie according to the Wiki, the stuff is bleach ... see the link in my post above :confused:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Last edited:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
So, it's not bleach, correct?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I'm talking about your link not the title of the thread
i just corrected myself two posts above :D

the z or s ....it's the same thing...

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
yes it is bleach.... :huh:
I will call them on Monday and get their take on it, but, trust me, it is safe. In fact, a friend of mine in Florida has a Timneh who had a foot wound. Nothing was working, despite antiobitics from his vet. I sent him the Avian Solution and it worked in less than a week to heal the wound. Same thing when my female Eclectus had a wound on her back. $800.00 later, including Antibiotics and a topical ointment called Baytril Otic - nothing worked.... so I tried the Avian Solution. It worked! I love it.

Last edited:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Everything I am finding for Electrolyzed 100% Oxidizing water Says its safe, one site even did an experiment spraying it on Hatching eggs(I'm assuming Chicken eggs I was skimming down through) I haven't found anything that says it contains Bleach though

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
This is a terrible "source" and clearly sounds un-plausible but I remember hearing a long time ago when I was first getting interested in birds something to the effect of what Saroj is saying about the Avian Solution being unsafe??? I can't remember more details but I have always steered clear ... Saroj, can you call your vet and ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.