• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AviX Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eden Marel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erica
My vet told me to give half a drop, but isn't that kind of impossible...? Can I just give the 1 drop?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Well you can but it is kind of hard. If your giving it mixed into something like a blob of peanut butter for example you put the whole drop into the blob. Mix it well and then divide the blob in half.

How big is the bird in question?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have the little 1cc syringes and just dose up what I need in there - makes giving the smaller amounts a little bit easier. The bottle says .02-.06 per 100 grams so it is hard to give that small of a dose without a way to measure it.

Eden Marel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erica
I have the little syringe too, but I think I broke it. Cuz it doesn't suck up things very well and hardly anything comes out.

drop

Rollerblading along the road
Maybe you can ask your phamacist if he can get you a small seringe with no needle tip. That's where I got mine. Or you sholuld be able to get one at the Vet's too. I have seen bigger oral seringes for sale at the phamacy, but nothing small enough to mesure the amount you need. The seringes with the rubber stoppers do have a tendancy to jam up after awhile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.