• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

aviary management software

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What do you use for managing your breeding program? I was using Birds Evolution Pro, but it didn't really work well for me. I'm not sure what's up with it now. It seems to be stuck in development / upgrade limbo at the moment. I've looked at a few other things but they all seem clunky and poorly designed. At the moment I'm just keeping stuff on a spreadsheet.

Any suggestions?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Why didn't Birds Evolution Pro work well for you? I was a little familiar with it back in 2008 and I know its had a lot of changes over the years. I helped with the English version back then.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I started with version 3.x I found the interface clunky and illogical. I also came across some weird bugs that didn't make sense. I've tested the beta of version 4. It was rough which is to be expected for pre-release software. There hasn't been activity in months so I don't know what's going on with it. In the meantime, I've gone back to using a spreadsheet.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Noah's_Birds Not sure but thought I'd try. New member the past 2 weeks.

Jehri

Moving in
Real Name
Jennifer Dennett
I’m looking for a good Apple compatible app myself had one that was android compatible I liked but the one I’m using that is Apple is based on chickens while the developer is working with me to make it work for me it’s slow going

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m looking for a good Apple compatible app myself had one that was android compatible I liked but the one I’m using that is Apple is based on chickens while the developer is working with me to make it work for me it’s slow going
Birds Evolution Pro is back in development and the new version is across multiple platforms. Windows, Apple, iOS, and Android. It's still rough, but they are making good progress on it again. Unfortunately, the website is a mess. You can find it here - Avian Breeding Software for Windows, Mac OS X, Android and iOS devices. and on Facebook as well.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Birds Evolution Pro is back in development and the new version is across multiple platforms. Windows, Apple, iOS, and Android. It's still rough, but they are making good progress on it again. Unfortunately, the website is a mess. You can find it here - Avian Breeding Software for Windows, Mac OS X, Android and iOS devices. and on Facebook as well.
I help the guy who does BEP back in 2008 while the english side of things. He is French and at the time he lived in Quebec, Canada but now lives in France. Oh, I see his website is nothing like it was, but it is under construction so it says.