• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Avian vet in Westchester County, NY

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
A couple weeks ago, I took my budgie, Sprite, to the Veterinary Center for Birds and Exotics, which is owned by Dr. Laurie Hess. I'm really happy with my experience there. Dr. Hess was very nice, and clearly knew a lot about birds. She took really great care of Sprite, and she even let Marshmallow go in with her for moral support.
She diagnosed Sprite's problem quickly, and gave a prescription for some antibiotics. She also gave me some other things to help Sprite gain some weight (which she lost due to the issue that she had). Thanks to Dr. Hess, Sprite has completely recovered, and is back to her usual self.

Our Team in Westchester County, NY

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that you had a positive experience.

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there any way this post can be removed? I took my budgie to this vet office again yesterday, expecting her to get the same level of care she got last time. But I had an absolutely horrible experience, and I will definitely not be going back ever again.