• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aussie is awesome!

Skrub04

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lizzy
Aussie seems to be settling in and today we made some huge progress! She stepped up onto my hand! She is super chatty and loves head scratches :) I just wanted to share how awesome she is doing 20201130_165835.jpg 20201130_165801.jpg lol :be2:

Skrub04

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lizzy
Thank you :D she is a sweetheart :)

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She’s gorgeous!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, she’s so cute! :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Lucky 'too and lucky you! Y'all seem to be hitting it off well! :pinklol3:

And how nice of you to paint the room purple. It really brings out her crest! :joyful:

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
She's lovely!! Is she a lesser? I see what looks like some yellow on her abdomen... How old is she and how long have you had her? I have an eleanora who's 30 - We've been good friends for a very long time!! (But she does have her less-than-lovely moments, and will sometimes act like she's going to try to beat up my macaw... I always save her from those napoleonic moments). I think that sulphur crested 'toos may be a bit easier to manage than some.

Skrub04

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lizzy
She is 26 and yep a lesser sulphur crested. She has only been with us for a little over a week but she has been great every day we get to see a little bit more of her personality:) did you get your macaw and your too at the same time? I was wondering if I should introduce my macaw dorian to aussie?

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I've had my cockatoo since she was a baby, but my macaw is only 6. It's actually not advised to have cockatoos and macaws together (old and new world parrots) because the powder down can be very harmful to macaws and other new world parrots. I think that blue and golds are particularly vulnerable. I didn't know this when I got mine (a green wing). They're across from each other in a large room, and I try to shower both of them frequently and change cage papers and vacuum often to keep the dust down. I also have an air purifier, but I know I should run it more than I do (it's a bit noisy). So don't feel as if you need to introduce them - it's probably for the best that they not spend time together. And the cockatoo will be at a huge disadvantage as far as size and strength go. I never intentionally put them together, but sometimes my macaw tries to visit my cockatoo, and it really makes her angry!! I can also see that the energy level of the cockatoo can be a bit overwhelming for the macaw.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Was she the one from the pet store lady? Or am I thinking of something else?

Skrub04

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lizzy
Ya we had dorian first so I have aussie in a separate room and we have a big air purifier next to aussie and a big one next to dorian and another small one kinda floating rooms. Dorian had heard aussie and keeps trying to sneak in there everytime my back is turned >_<