• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Audio/video what do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I want a camcorder, or camera, or whatever, that will take decent audio/video. Troy says good cameras do not do video. He wants to buy me a Nikon D200, but I don't think it does any video. Are the little mini camcorders any good? like these
Camcorders, Video Cameras, Digital Video | B&H Photo Video

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Actually good good cameras do video...high def to be more specific.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
AJ is right. The good cameras take better video these days than a camcorder. HI Def 1080p. Camera's have much better lenses than camcorders and they are even interchangeable so you can get just the right shot you want. They have much bigger sensors that capture more light and give better color and sharper image video. JME

The flip video cameras are also a great choice. They are very simple to use. They take great HD video. They have an external mic jack so you can plug in a good quality microphone so you can get really good audio and of course good audio is almost more important in video footage to make good interesting movies.

Last edited:

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
I have a Sony Handycam - love it love it love it

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
A.J's right - high end DSLRs now have video as an option. Nikon D3S,D300S,D5000 and Canon 1D Mk4,5D Mk2,7D,550D (I think that's all of the Nikon and Canon models that do Video.... lol).

My next camera may be a 7D (depends if there's something better by the time I need it..).

For now I use a JVC Everio GZ-MG275AA HDD Camcorder for my video. It's a couple of years old but I'm still happy with the results.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

hsmoscout

Yes, if you want to go with Nikon. For the same price you could get a Canon 7D, with a 19 megapixel sensor and
Advanced movie mode with manual exposure control and selectable frame rates: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 60p (59.94) / 50p.
Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR

birdman78

Real Name
John
I use a Sony Cybershot H7 digital camera. Takes great pics with deceient videos. Not HD or anything, but did only cost $300 not $900 plus

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks for everyone's help.:hug8:

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
I have a Canon G10, and LOVE it for photos and video! Awesome camera. My Canon 50D doesn't take video but I am completely fine with that! :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have a Canon G5, it takes video but no audio. I am not crazy about it's photos either..though it could be the user, not the camera...:o:

hsmoscout

I have a Canon G5, it takes video but no audio. I am not crazy about it's photos either..though it could be the user, not the camera...:o:
Well, considering it was released in '03 I wouldn't expect much. I would go with the G10. It's basically an easy to use DSLR, for 1/3 the price of the Nikon you were looking at.

Last edited:

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Man you guys are so technical LOL. I bought my digital camera on sale for 100 bucks at best buy. Its a Kodak 10.2 megapixels (all i know..lol). It does take great photos and vids, but has trouble focusing at times. Not sure why..could just be me not knowing how to use it correctly. I had a Sony one before this one that was 7.0 pixels but man that camera was awesome. Clear pics/vids and SO simple. Unfortunately it was stolen in the robbery

ChromeScholar

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dan
The Canon SX20IS takes HD video and great pictures. It's $350.00. You'll find quite a few of my pics on this site are taken with my SX20IS. The rest are taken with my 20D, which doesn't do video.

Status
Not open for further replies.