• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ash is Starting to Flap, Flat, Flap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop

Rollerblading along the road
I don't know if I am in the right section, seeing as my little Timneh is not off the ground yet. I am just so proud of him!

He had always been clipped in his last home. I talked to them about it quite alot before taking him home as I was a little worried of him jumping and getting hurt or something. Anyways, they assured me that Ash dis not try to fly, he did not jump off his cage, he did not even flap. :(

Well, my little man has started to shape up! For the past week he has been doing flapping excersises routinely every night! I guess he finally got the urge to try, maybe from watching his "bro" wiz around the house.

Just a few minutes ago, he jumped off his cage to come see me at the computer. He didn't even make it halfway :( I can't wait until he grows his feathers back. Thank goodness his clip allows for a cushioned landing. I am very proud of him and very happy and excited that he is getting the urge to use those wings of his (even though they don't quite work yet :p)

I can't wait till I start picking up those clipped remiges off the floor :D

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that will be something when Ash flies thanks for sharing

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
It truly is amazing to see them fly. My parrots are not clipped. Im so happy he is trying to fly now even though he didn’t make it too far he is attempting which is a start. Mine are amazing flyers and just love it. It makes me happy to see them have their freedom. It may take some time but he will get there.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh, it's so wonderful to see them starting to try. WTG, Ash :hug8:

Ceddy's not there yet either but she has been flapping as well and done a couple of 'wing assisted jumps' :p I'm so proud of her too, just like you I can't wait for her to be fully flighted. It'll be so amazing for us when they do their first rounds :heart: - or whatever :cool1:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
finding those clipped feathers on the floor or cage is a great feeling, though then there's the worry, OMG! Don't break them! When they're flapping as they grow in! :eek:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
That must be very exciting. KerBear doesn't try and fly. She just walks everywhere.

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
:rofl: ya ya ya just wait! ;) my zues got his wings in and learned to fly really good, now to try to get him back to his cage he flies from one ceiling fan to another and im runnin back and forth like a mad woman!! :lol:i know he is secretly laughing at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.