• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are your parrots perch potatoes????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If so which ones?:)

My Sachi was more sedentary before Emma came along.:o:

She used to eat, sleep, accept scritches, Look pretty and hang out on the same spot on the Atom.. pretty much all day. :popcorn:

Now she is in much better shape and flies like a little jet fighter because she used to like to torment Emma. :bliss:

Now she has to keep in shape because NOW Emma can fly too and likes to Shoo Sachi away and pester her. :run:
Imho.. this works very well because Pionus parrots are known to "overeat, have overweight problems and conditions like fatty liver disease". HOpefully this doesn't happen to my Sachi.:heart:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The answer is "no" all across the board. But, some are more active than others. Superactive: Max, P'lets. Medium active: the two large macaws.

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
Not all the time. Sam is most def NOT. Kiwi is for the most part, but she has her moments. Gabby is a cage surfer. Kira also has her moments.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, sometimes, My amazon used to be a total perch potato and would sit in the same spot in her cage, all day, only moving to get food/water, but that was when I first got her. Now, she moves all around her cage, and is flighted so she flies all over the birdroom, she sits in the same spot for maybe about 30 mins on her jollyball, preening, and then she flies to her cage, to get some food/water/snacks, then she flies back to her playstand/jollyball. She is pretty active, now that she is flighted. My cockatiels are not perch potatoes except but for about a hour a day, they sit around while preening but other than that they are "on the go" in their cage, playing, eating, etc. The conures are always moving to, playing, preening, etc.

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
LOL. I'm relatively sure I have the poster child for a hyperactive bird.:hehe:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
If so which ones?:)

My Sachi was more sedentary before Emma came along.:o:

She used to eat, sleep, accept scritches, Look pretty and hang out on the same spot on the Atom.. pretty much all day. :popcorn:

Now she is in much better shape and flies like a little jet fighter because she used to like to torment Emma. :bliss:

Now she has to keep in shape because NOW Emma can fly too and likes to Shoo Sachi away and pester her. :run:
Imho.. this works very well because Pionus parrots are known to "overeat, have overweight problems and conditions like fatty liver disease". HOpefully this doesn't happen to my Sachi.:heart:
Merlin is a perch potato:) He is an older bird and has a bum foot so he prefers to mostly hang out and eat and play wtih toys, but at least he plays with toys now.

Autumn my GCC is 100 mph, on the go, full speed at all times:)

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I forgot to mention that Sammy is also a older bird (about 18 or so).

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Mine are both really active. Jasper more so than Tango. Tango can be content to sit and preen himself for quite awhile or just hang out with one of us. Jasper cant sit still for very long he needs to be doing something all of the time :)

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
My zon is pretty much a perch potato, he's 30 + years old. The other 2, no way, they are all over the place, and in to every thing.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Toc is always going.. I wouldn't call Cookie a perch potato but she isn't very active..

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
I think it would be fair to say that all three of mine never stop until 1/2 hour before night night time. They all go all over their cages, playstands, and hanging toys. Sometimes I wish I had some couch potatoes.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
My only perch potato is the BC conure, Petey. She has her active moments, but is much more of a sit still and chill bird.

Ashley

Real Name
Ashley
my two BHP's Banshee and Bailey are big time perch potatoes.

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
My zon Charlie is kind of a "top of the cage" potato lol, he'll stay on there all day only coming down is he wants scritches or if God forbid one of us comes in with a plate of food! Or if we all leave the room at once or if he hears us making food in the kitchen we'll hear his little nails on the floor coming towards us. He's not much a of player, but he loves to chew his wood toys. He is 13 though :).

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Jasper and Seafoam are definitely perch potatoes and now that Sand's turned eight, I've noticed that he doesn't fly around just for the heck of it so much anymore. Kelp's a perch potato too, but she's got a bum wing, so she can't fly like the others even if she wants too. :(

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dexter, my CAG is a cage top potato. He loves just sitting on the top of his cage door or the bottom of his cage playing with foot toys. Sammy my U2, well.....need I say more!

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Not a one.

I wish I had a few sometimes. lol

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Harley is definitely a perch potato. Ernie, unless he is beating up his toys or foraging will usually settle in for a nap as well.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Atia is still a baby and she tends to be a shoulder percher at the moment. She plays on the play gyms but she loves her Dad more than anything else.

The other two are busy little beavers getting into everything they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.