• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are lovies as soft as they look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
I've never touched a love bird before. No really! Every time I see the pictures of them here I itch to pet them because they look like they'd be smooth and soft like satin. So fess up lovie owners! Are they as soft as they look???

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Yes!! :D

TypingParrot

I got to play with one at a pet store, (excuse was they needed handling and I was happy to do it! lol) and yes, they are quite soft and smooth. :)

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
I'd LOVE to touch one!! Ive yet to see one at any of our local pet shops nor do i have friends that have them....now that i think of it, i don't have many friends that Do have birds:(

GlassOnion

:heart: I've never touched a lovie, but all of AA's resident lovies are making me squee!!

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Man you guys are making me itch to pet a lovie!! Evil! :D But amazingly cute pictures hee...

Kassidy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kassidy
I've always wondered this too but I never felt the need to ask! :D They look so soft, and cuddly. All of the pictures here makes me wanna scritch them all, or stroke their feathers. Too much cuteness and fluffiness packed into one thread!

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I'd LOVE to touch one!! Ive yet to see one at any of our local pet shops nor do i have friends that have them....now that i think of it, i don't have many friends that Do have birds:(
Where do you live in West Va? Close to the PA border? If yes, I have a few you can snuggle. Guaranteed, you won't leave my house without wanting one. :D

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
yes there so soft silky and cuddly

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen

My only picture of Buddy in her prime...but she was soooooo soft & loved to snuggle just inside my neckline, grasping my bra strap...:heart: She spent so much time there in her "senior" years when arthritis made it hard for her to hold on to my shoulder that it felt so empty just above my heart...not to mention in my heart...when she flew off to the Rainbow Bridge. I still find myself occasionally patting the place where she should be....

Then there's the once-so-soft Johari, before she decided that hands were for biting.....

Well, I guess she is still soft...just not interested in sharing her softness any more....:eek:

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
yes!!! you need to go touch one soon!! they are so soft and will make you melt!!

Kimberly1985

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kimberly
Yoshi is pretty soft but when I brought Zazu home, I actually learned the meaning of "soft". Too bad he doesn't like hands just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.