• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are all Red Bellies like my adventurin' Elle?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
So Elle's the MOST adventurous bird ever! I let her out of her cage and put tons of toys on top her cage and she stays amused for about 10 minutes. Then she flies over to the climbing net and amuses herself there for about 5 minutues. Keep in mind that there are about a dozen toys and swings hanging FROM the net!! She then usually decides to go hang out with the parakeets for a while. She always loves to check out the parakeets for some weird reason. She then usually goes to the windowsill... any idea how I can protect the windowsill from her lil beak?! She loves to sit on the sill and look outside for like... 2 minutes?!?!
Her next point of interest is usually the double macaw cage. Sometimes at this point she comes flying out of the bird room. Sometimes she likes going into the guest room.
She is NON STOP!!! On the move bird! She doesn't like to sit still no matter what interesting toy I put in front of her! She's never a troublemaker just wants to go and see!!! I absolutely love her!! She is one bird I have to be with 100% of the time when she's out of her cage!
I just love seeing her eyes smile when she's up to no good! After 16 years of living in a cage with barely anything to do, I'm glad she gets to spread her wings and enjoy some adventuring time!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
She is definitely making up for lost time...I am so glad you have her now so that she can be a happy birdie.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
My boyfriend often refers to Joey as being hyperactive..he rarely stays put and if he does, it's not for long. He sometimes manages to keep interest in one toy but it's rarely the case, he's often on the move.

But more often than none, it's on the move for stuff he shouldn't be playing with.

He has a fond love for cables of all kind. He'll often sneak quietly towards cables he'll have spotted a little while back and jump on them when you least expect.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Rudy is!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Will let you know how mine are in time, just recently rescued/purchased them. Never had one before.
I can't wait to hear more! They are seriously amusing birds! I love watching her explore and discover!

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
My female is this way too. Always on the go, always into toys or whatever she can find to amuse herself. Always jabbering away and learns new words and sounds very quickly. I have a hard time walking by her playstand without her leaping on my head or shoulder. I love the things she does for attention... if she is in her cage and I come into the room, she quickly goes to the bottom and lays on her back, knowing I will see her and comment on how cute she looks laying on her back. They are very amusing and such fun parrots for sure ;)
Sandy

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
Yep, that sounds just like my Yodit. She's super-active! Not much of a trouble-maker, just always flying from one place to the next. Here's a video of the very first time I took her to a meeting: Austin Parrot Society :: Emily works with Yodie video by nuttybug204 - Photobucket

Now she's been to several and is a FANTASTIC Demo/Lesson/Ambassador bird, but even at this first meeting you can see what a cheeky little monkey she is!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Pretty is a very busy bird and she likes to find trouble too.:lol: She'll move from one toy to the next.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Sounds like a Red Belly thing ... Lucy looses interest in toys very quickly and is very nosey. I can't take my eyes off of her for very long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.