• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

April 2022 Mayor of the Avenue... Tyrion (Annette)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Our "Mayor of the Avenue" award is presented to a member who exhibits the qualities that distinguish them to be an upstanding credit to the Avenue, a loving, informed, conscientious and caring bird parront and an all around good neighbor.

I am happy to announce that Tyrion is April's Mayor of the Month.
I enjoyed reading your interview, and am sure that everyone else will as well!

1. What kind of birds do you have (age, species and names)?

I have my Tyrion my an African Grey who is 10 this year ..and Lagatha a Blue Fronted Amazon who I believe is 12 yrs old ..and soon to be a young Double Headed Amazon named Mackenzie in a couple of months ..Im so excited

2. What got you interested in birds?

I have always had birds ...my first one was a lil female cockatiel I won at a silent auction .. I was about 10 yrs old her name was Tiel .. I have always been an animal lover so adding a bird to my hamsters and guinea pigs was the next step.

3. What have your birds brought to your life?

My animals have always been companion animals .. They bring joy all the time to my life.. there isnt a time that Im not smiling to them.. I love the chatter from Tyrion and the calls of Lagatha and it just makes my house full of beautiful sounds

4. What have you learned from sharing your life with your birds?

The main thing I have learned is patience ..that everything will happen in their own time.. how making their food and toys fills me with gratitude

5. What's one birdie memory that will stay with you forever?

The one that makes me smile all the time is when I was about 12 years old I was making a quilt and had the ends pinned off with straight pins ..My cockatiel Tiel walked about the bottom of my quilt and pull every pin out I had put in ..it was so cute

6. Where is your birds main living area?

My birds live in the living room ..I have a partition off between the kitchen and living room with a screen door so I can keep the furries out while the birds are out of their cages

7. Did you change things in your home to accommodate your birds and if so what kinds of things did you change?

We put up the partition so the birds would have a free place to hang out when they are out of their cages. I am a huge candle person so I had to ditch all my candles..new pans and the way we clean only dawn and vinegar are used

8. Are you involved in any kind of bird related group or activities?

Not at the moment but I am thinking of joining the calgary parrot club ..I belong to several groups on social media sites ..I live in a small town the only clubs are in Calgary

9. What is the one luxury item you would love to have for your bird(s)?

I would love to have an indoor and out door aviary ..I want my birds to act as much as they can as birds ..Sitting in a huge aviary or flying from perch to perch would make my day

10. Is there any bird that you dream of owning and if so why?

I own my heart bird my Tyrion an African Grey ..Tyrion came to me when I was at my lowest and he brought joy back into my life.

11. Describe a typical day with you at home with your birds.

A day at home with my birds is so relaxing and their antics make me smile all the time . I get up and up cover them saying good morning and I get a chirp from Lagatha and a good morning from Tyrion I then put together their breakfast all the while telling Tyrion breakfast is coming. I give them a couple of hours to eat and then I put the furries away and open their cages so they can come out ...then I clean their cages ..after that I sit in the living room with them and engage in conversation with Tyrion and make silly sounds at Lagatha and we play ..they are normally out for about 5 hours and then they get soaked nuts and put back in their cages.

12. What have you learned about owning birds that you would like to share?

I have learned that every bird is an individual , they have different personalities and that they are soooo smart ..some times scary smart. As long as you treat them right and put in the time they are amazing companion animals.

13. If you knew then what you know now about birds, what would you do differently?

I would get vet checks before I buy ..make sure my bird fund is full..know my limit ..I would have bigger cages ad\nd give more time

14. What other hobbies do you have?

I also ride horses and have adopted an American Mustang that Im training ..and I love to read..

15. Anything else you would like to share?

Even the most knowledgeable avian keeper has to keep learning . We are so new to keeping birds that there is always something to learn ..I have been keeping birds since I was 10 and I still do my learning every chance I get.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:congrats5:

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Congratulations!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Congratulations and thanks for the great interview!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations! :starshower1:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Congratulations!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Congratulations!

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
:congratualtions:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congrats! I agree, learning never stops.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Congratulations

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue