• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone Tried Birdtricks.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsflies

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jim
It seems like all my google searches for parrot training comes back to this one site. If nothing else, he is a pro at search engine opitimization!

Curious if anyone has bought his program and how you/your bird did?

Right now my goal is to get our new B&G macaw to be easier to handle. He steps up when he feels like it and only allows my wife to touch his feathers sometimes. He is also a screamer when we aren't paying attention to him...which would be another nice thing to get under control if possible.

Our other bird, eleanora cockatoo, was hand raised, young and quite tame when we got her so we never had these issues with her.

Granted we have only had him a few days, but I want to get started in the right direction and not reinforce any bad behaviors.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Birdtricks.com is all about marketing and making money. Personally I would steer clear of Chet Womach and his con game. JMHO

It just takes time and patience to "build" a trusting relationship using positive reinforcement and offering "choice" to the bird. There is no shortcut.

Last edited:

jimsflies

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jim
Thanks I'm just looking for more info on building trust and not reinforcing a bad behavior without knowing it. A few tips or tricks to get me going in the right direction would be great...like I said, it seems like any search I do, the link ultimately leads to his site. I only wished I could get my website positioned as well as his!

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
It's a rip off and don't give him your email address or he'll spam the crap outta you!

If you want some books and info on parrot behavior and correcting issues get Barbara Heidenreich's books! Training Parrots | Parrot Training DVDS & Books They are highly recommended!

jimsflies

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jim
Does AA have a want to buy forum? Maybe someone has some training books/videos they aren't using and would like to sell...or loan even?

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This would be filed in *G* for Garbage!!:)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I would suggest a few good books and alot of patience instead of buying one of these programs. I was almost suckered in at the beginning to, but with advice from everyone here, and MANY hours online book shopping, I realized its easier and cheaper to take it on yourself. And it works! My IRN baby just came home in the beginning of June, and already is recall trained, and target trained!!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I just spent a lot of time with my bird as "chilling time" and continued to work and build her trust. It took her a while, but now she seems more content with me acknowledging she is there, acknowledging that she wants to be with me, but she respects my personal space (unless I DARE pay attention to another bird! :eek::D)

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Oh yes, I so fully agree with John and others on here that Chet is nothing but about money and he is a real fast talker. He once called me up on the phone. Yes, it is true you will be spammed horribly if you sign up on his site and such. There are far better ways to teach your bird and much greater avian professionals to learn from. Think of Chet as one of these guys on a infomerical and is selling like real estate... except it is in the bird industry... sales pitch mostly to get you to buy his DVD's, that's all it is about. Whatever. I think he knows that I do not like him, he knows that! I know he will have read it in numerous places where his name comes up. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I spoke with him once too. He could not tell me exactly how much I was purchasing by signing up. I have a strong feeling it would have been a lot more than you think. I think it's terrible the way he preys on the unsuspecting. He should be ashamed...

Shockie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Heather
Wow, I know this thread is old but... here's my two cents...

I spent possibly an hour or more last night filing through almost all 400+ of his youtube videos and didn't walk away with a single solitary piece of helpful information. Just when I thought I would get a helpful "tip", I was eluded and left empty handed. Waste of my time.

After watching Good Bird's vids on youtube, I felt like I had spent my time well. Just ordered the Parrot Problem Solver book off of Amazon. Can't wait to get my reading on before I bring home my first parrot in February. :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Wow, I know this thread is old but... here's my two cents...

I spent possibly an hour or more last night filing through almost all 400+ of his youtube videos and didn't walk away with a single solitary piece of helpful information. Just when I thought I would get a helpful "tip", I was eluded and left empty handed. Waste of my time.

After watching Good Bird's vids on youtube, I felt like I had spent my time well. Just ordered the Parrot Problem Solver book off of Amazon. Can't wait to get my reading on before I bring home my first parrot in February. :)
Your going to LOVE that book!!

Status
Not open for further replies.