• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone not have a playful clowinsh Green Cheek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
I keep reading everyone's posts about their GCC's antics and clownish playful attitudes but Angel is not like that. She is very calm and is content to sit on her playstand, cage or me. She does not play hard with her toys, in fact I don't see her do a lot of playing. If I try to play with or encourage her to play she looks at me like i have 3 eyes! I rotate her toys, give her foraging options and do my best to interact with her but no matter what I try she is pretty much a perch potato.
:rolleyes:
Seems she is not the norm for GCC, anyone else have a calm Conure?

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Sounds just like my guy!! Lucky is not your playful GCC either, he thinks I am his play stand!!:rolleyes:

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Of the five living with me, I would say 2 of them are not really clowns and are much more calm than the others. :)

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Ohhh hey want to trade? I have two conures that keep waking up at fire works and have taken to announcing them by attacking bells in the dark and screaming for me to come and make the sun come up.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Uh, yeah...Gussie has a huge play stand with several hundred dollars of toys attached. Check my avitar to see her favorite play gym. :eek: Reading is a challenge, now that I require reading glasses. Soon as I put them on I can hear Gussie's little birdie brain saying: Oh goody! She got my favorite out...the face gym! She has ladders & bells & swings & boings & chewables galore. Her favorite toys are computer cords & mice & keyboard keys, my T shirts, and kleenex! She is a happy, chatty little girl who loves a good 'rasslin' match but is not too clownish. She suits me just fine :laughing12:

Cephus

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Brian
My GCC is pretty standard, he's very active and playful. My military macaw however is atypical. He's very mellow, he's not loud, he's not super clingy or nippy. He's content to sit on his playstand and watch TV or play with toys or sleep. He's also not particularly aggressive toward other birds like many military macaws are. I guess you can get birds that break the mold.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Out of my 2, Leila is definitely the more playful and clowny one. She hangs off of the top of the inside of her cage, she hangs off my finger, the cage door, anything.. she likes playing hide and go seek, or she is even happy to snooze on her back in my hand or lay on her back in my hand while destroying a toy. Taji is a lot like your GCC, she is more the type to just sit with you, on her cage, or be entertaining herself.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Well glad Angel is not the only one! I do wish she would play more, I think she must be bored but I guess if she were bored she would play, lol

evsrin

Tiki is very calm. We try to get him excited with music but even in his most "excited" stage he's pretty reserved. He does love to destroy his toys, but it's not with careless abandon like my other birds. He is very content to stay on his cage or boing, or pretty much wherever I put him.:) He's 7 though.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
how old is she Crystal? Sugar is 12 and can be playful at times, but has more the DIVA personality - she is not loud for a conure - if everything remains in place in her world and her slaves are on time, you would never know she is here ;)

however, let me move a piece of furniture or the dogs leave a toy near her or her food be late - just like a Diva, she lets you know in no uncertain terms that she is displeased :lol:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nala is like that as well,I just recently got her to play with her toys more. But for the most part she just wants to sit on my shoulder and snuggle with me.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
No way. Westley is SO a stereotypical green cheek. He's a crazy, playful, nippy, clownish, smart, cuddly, active ball of feathers.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
how old is she Crystal? Sugar is 12 and can be playful at times, but has more the DIVA personality - she is not loud for a conure - if everything remains in place in her world and her slaves are on time, you would never know she is here ;)

however, let me move a piece of furniture or the dogs leave a toy near her or her food be late - just like a Diva, she lets you know in no uncertain terms that she is displeased :lol:
She just turned a year old so she is still a baby! Which surprises me that she is not playful, but she never has been. Must just be her personality, I got the laid back Conure, :lol:

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Your baby sounds very much like Jak.
Koi has brought a little bit out of Jak as far as tapping her foraging skills by showing example and Jak's daddy encourages the same habit, so she's coming out a little bit more but by far KOI IS THE TYPICAL CHEEKIE :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.