• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone Interested In Trading Breeders For Handfed Baby?

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
Hi everyone!

We have 3 Amazons we had believed were males. This doesn’t appear to be the case.

They are not bonded to us. The DYH has become very aggressive and protective over the other 2. It’s gotten to the point I am not able to let them out of their aviary. He will charge me and attack.

He is constantly perching with one of the others. He will stand next to her with his wing covering her and try to feed her (and she bobs her head in response).

It seems like these are mating behaviors. He also does this thing with his tail where he will fan it out.

They seem very bonded and I do not wish to separate them but I also have no experience or desire to breed at all. Would anyone who is a breeder (and who can provide a GOOD home be interested in trading all 3 of these guys for a handfed baby)?

The other 2 are BFAs. They are all in perfect feather and beautiful.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am only aware of one current member who breeds amazons, but she does not post often, and I am not sure if she has a closed aviary.