• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone Feed Pretty bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
Chewy will eat either Zuppreem or pretty bird............I prefer Zuppreem but he's gonna get a bag of Pretty bird for a little while because he is out of food and I am almost out of money for the month again *SIGH*Here's what happened I bought Chewy a huge bag of food month before last, but it was the wrong size ,it's cockatiel size *slaps self on forehead* So the tiels have plenty of food. lol.now all I gotta do is make room in the freezer for another big bag of food. Because I freeze mine due to moths.I know I will get many different responses.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ella came to me eating Pretty Bird (99% sure after comparing the leftover pellets she had to a bag in the store), and I was not happy with the results. The difference in her plumage and her droppings now that she eats Zupreem is pronounced, however I do feel that since I have put both Archie and Ella on Zupreem, there is more "waste", they certainly poo a lot more now :huh:. But they also get Roudybush and the Bird Paradise blends on their food, so that might have something to do with it :hehe:
I would say for one bag, you should be fine to feed it, but I wouldn't recommend making it an ongoing thing.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Erin, it should be fine for a temporary thing

give them extra fresh veggies and stuff too

:hug8:

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Thanks guys!!!!!! Chewy ain't wild bout it. but at least he's "eatting" it. i will also put more veggies in there with himI have a bunch of Zuppreem for the tiels though. so that shouldn't be a problem.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I assume you are not talking about the Pretty Bird Natural Gold pellets. They are very good and 2 avian vets have recommended them to me.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Have you tired feeding the cockatiel size to CHEWY? My larger umbrella cockatoos, LOVE the tiel size.. they are on harrison pellets, TOPs and Roudybush (as a pellet, but they get 50% fruit and only about 20% pellet in their diet) but love eating the cockatiel zupreem pellets... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.