• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone else surrounded by eggs?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
All my birds are canoodling over eggs right now.
Lapis and Nube just laid their second overnight in the seed dish,
Aldora and Jaime are on 5,
Adelie and Sydney AKA Mary and Joseph are on 3...

Soo... no one wants to come out and play, they just wanna incubate... It´s been so quiet around here the last couple of weeks!

Maybe I need another male..... :chin: :lol:

Anyone else being ignored for eggs right now?

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Hope had to have her first ever egg surgically removed. It was 3 times the normal size. Three days later she laid a perfectly normal egg. She and Jesse are not the least bit interested in it. So which is better? Your good parent birds, or my bad parent birds. I would not let them incubate the egg either, we have dummy eggs. I think four GCCs are my limit, and I could never again give away a baby I helped raise. Too heartbreaking for me.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aw maybe in the future they will learn the bird stuff and incubate their plastic egg :)
When that happens, prepare to be ignored :lol:

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Zara, are you dummy-egg-prepared if they will all lay 5 eggs?

You lady-lovebird-owners maybe ignored... it is humping season in this household. All day long clicking noises and rubbing against every soft blanket they can find...

The image though of a quite house filled with lovebirds sitting on their eggs... is there anything more serene?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Zara, are you dummy-egg-prepared if they will all lay 5 eggs?
I have about 28 eggs if I remember correctly.

it is humping season in this household. All day long clicking noises and rubbing against every soft blanket they can find...
:lol:
Sydney didn't go through seasons... He would hump his toys most days... Less now he is with Adélie, but he still does.

I have all boys. :)
Boys are the best :)
I started with a boy... Then brought home a boyfriend for him, but they didn't hit it off. Aldora was my first girl, and I did not bring her home, she just barged in, but I'm glad she did because she gave us such beautiful birds :swoon:... And more girls :facepalm: :lol:

The image though of a quite house filled with lovebirds sitting on their eggs... is there anything more serene?
It was very quiet. I have come out to the office.

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Boys are the best :)
I started with a boy... Then brought home a boyfriend for him, but they didn't hit it off. Aldora was my first girl, and I did not bring her home, she just barged in, but I'm glad she did because she gave us such beautiful birds :swoon:... And more girls :facepalm: :lol:
The all boys wasn't planned. It just happened that way. LOL.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Well Lapis is really at home in her dry food dish now. At least she has made her mind up and stopped tossing seeds from the other food dish.
I don´t understand how she is comfy in there but hey-ho, hopefully she decides to abandon her ¨nest¨ soon :)

We have had bad storms and flooding around here the last few days... maybe that has contributed to them being so quiet too...

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well Lapis is really at home in her dry food dish now. At least she has made her mind up and stopped tossing seeds from the other food dish.
I don´t understand how she is comfy in there but hey-ho, hopefully she decides to abandon her ¨nest¨ soon :)

We have had bad storms and flooding around here the last few days... maybe that has contributed to them being so quiet too...
I heard about this on the news. I hope you guys are all ok!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
My girls gave me a whole bunch of eggs this past fall so I should be go for a couple more months.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@Khizz we had heavy rain and thunder/lightening on tuesday... We have had snow, severe flooding, thunder and lightening last night and it just started thundering and lightening again about half an hour ago.... Not a peep out of the birds yet

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just started Raining here & Buddy's sound asleep w/ his head in his back (wasn't supposed to start till after 9pm). I just wish I was sleeping.... Tried last night & couldn't get to sleep & awoke @ 5:56 am on 3-4 hours. My brain's not even functioning anymore & I gotta make Buddy's dinner. I have no idea what to make!

A tsket a tasket an egg or 2 in Zara's easter basket w/ a little chicky????