• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone around St. Louis? I might need fosters. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazoncrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
Some of you probably know that I just moved into a new house with Matt… Unfortunately that was apparently a stupid move. Last Monday we got into a really stupid argument which ended up with me getting pushed around. That is one thing that I absolutely will not put up with and I’ve pretty much only been at the house since then when I know he is not going to be there. Every night I’ve been going home to take care of the animals and then leaving before he gets home after the birds are asleep.

I will be moving out, no question about that but I’m not sure that I will find a place that I can take all of the animals soon enough. My parents said that I can stay with them and bring some of the birds but I know that my father will not be able to handle the conure scream so I’m thinking that I am going to need to find someone to foster them for a while. My parents dog would also try to kill my cats so I have no idea what I’m going to do about them. I plan on calling the rescue tonight but I know that they are up to just about all they can handle right now because we’ve had tons of surrenders lately. I’ve got a few other people I can call that will likely take them in but just in case I cannot get something to work out with those two options I wanted to let you all know what’s going on in case anyone has any contacts in the area that might be able to foster short term for me.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aw, I am so sorry!:( I hope you get everything worked out for the better!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Melissa, it sounds like you are doing the right thing. I wish you well and hope you can get all the help you need in this trying time. Hang in there. :hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Melissa I am so sorry you are going through this :( I sure wish I was closer so I could help.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I'm so sorry,I pray every thing works out Ok for You:hug8:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Melissa, I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish I still lived in STL because I would so try and help you out. I'll be praying that you are able to find fosters for your birds and cats. Wishing you the best.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
sending you a pm honey...

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Praying for you and your situation. Hoping you are able to find fosters soon.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
I wish I could help. :( Unless you have a really small bird that is really tame and already have a cage for them...:huh: Maybe, just maybe, that would work...

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Melissa, I am SO sorry this has happened to you :( I'm going to discuss my options to help you with my husband, I'll do everything I can to make it happen. I would love to help you! You do not need the worry about your birds on top of everything else.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh Hun! I am so sorry you're going through this! I wish I could help - obviously not possible!
I hope Jane and others will be able to help you out. And for emotional support we're all here for you! Please hang in there! :hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I wish I could help also, but I live 5 hours away!:(
I am praying that you can get some help from some people on the Avenue!

amazoncrazy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Melissa
Thanks for the support guys... I'm extremely overwhelmed right now to say the least. Of course to top it all off he's trying his darndest to play nice now but I'm not gonna buy it this time... :sad11:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
OH NO/ Im so sorry this has happened :( Please keep us update!

I wish I was closer to help you out:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Playing nice isn't a solution. Some kind of anger management and relationship counselling would be a start.

I will keep you and your fabies in my prayers.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.