• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any rabbit people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocabird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
dawn
I lost my 2 rabbits last year and was not really plan adopt another until I found this girl on Petfinder.

She an English Lop and I just fell in love with her ears. Needless to say I went ahead and adopted her. She was only 3 months old when I brought her home and a bit of a diva. She wanted what she wanted and she wanted it now. If she didn't get it, she would box and grunt (she's the most vocal rabbit I ever had) and bite. I worked with her with the clicker for a bit and I think between that a little maturity she's finally settled. I named her Glee.

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I love rabbits so much but I am horribly allergic to them. :( Those lops are just the cutest, too!

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
nice looks rabbit

I bred and raised rabbits for 10 years for 4-H back in the day..

they are 100% easier to sex than most parrots :rofl:

Mine lived outside though never had them in the house with the exception of 2 babies that were sold to me younger than what they actually were and I had to hand feed them

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
what a pretty rabbit - she looks so cuddly. I've had rabbits - i miss them. They were awesome.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

How cute!!!! Thank you for giving her a good home..shes lucky to have you!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That's a very loppy rabbit for sure. :D I love her coloring! :heart:

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
Beautiful rabbit! I have two myself, a mini-lop and a non-descript mutt of some sort. English lops are beautiful! Congrats on the new addition

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Glee is adorable!

I have a 4 y/o gimpy-legged, mutt rabbit, Tink. He's kinda antisocial, but he is a cutie pie and we love him:)

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
I have a netherland dwarf. Storm was a hurricane ike rescue.

This is his Halloween Photo from this year

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
We have 6 pet rabbits, My sister got 2 pet baby rabbits (younger than we were told they were), and we got them almost 4 years ago, (Nov. 2005, the same year I had my surgery). The pet store told us they were 6 months old, but they were actually about 6 or 7 weeks old! So, the guy at the pet store told us they were both males, but he did not really know how old they were.

So, we thought they were both males, and then we put them in the same cage, and a few months later, they had babies (we noticed them being nasty with each other, but by the time we noticed, it was to late), so Lily had 1 litter, and then my brother thought it would be fun to let them out to "play", (we did not know he was letting them out), so she had a second litter.

That is how we ended up with 6 rabbits, we have the orginal 2 rabbits, plus 4 babies, but the rest of the litters we gave to good friends of ours and they are spoiled rotten, hehe!

Hoosierparrotmom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
He's so cute! Look at that big chin! :) I used to get quite attached to the bunnies in the rescues and shelters, but I never had any of my own except foster bunnies. The lops and Dutch were my favorite though. I rescued a giant one once, I forget the type, he was huge! He was cool... :)

brianimal

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
briana
awww! I love rabbits! I have a netherland dwarf also! His name is Greyson, ive had him about 6 yeaars now, hes a little angel! Well about 6 months ago I adopted a baby male bunny, Jetson he grew to about 15 llbs and just tuesday, i forgot to lock his cage (they are outdoor rabbits) and he ran away :( Im just praying he comes back. I am a bunny fanattic you have an adorable girl! how much does she weigh?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
We also have a rabbit named Monty.

He's a Netherland Dwarf about 6 years old now. He was bought as a present for a 6 year old girl who loved him for about 3 weeks and then moved on to something else like most kids. He was on his way to the SPCA when we intercepted him before he got there.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
I used to have 3 giant flemish rabbits . They caught a virus and I couldn't save them . I still miss them:(

rocabird

Real Name
dawn
Storm and Monty are very cute! I was thinking about adopting a Netherland Dwarf for my next bunny. I went the other way on the weight scale with Glee. I think she is about 8 pounds. I'll get a better wieght when she goes in for her pre-spay exam next month.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I lost my 2 rabbits last year and was not really plan adopt another until I found this girl on Petfinder.

She an English Lop and I just fell in love with her ears. Needless to say I went ahead and adopted her. She was only 3 months old when I brought her home and a bit of a diva. She wanted what she wanted and she wanted it now. If she didn't get it, she would box and grunt (she's the most vocal rabbit I ever had) and bite. I worked with her with the clicker for a bit and I think between that a little maturity she's finally settled. I named her Glee.
Glee is really cute. Cute name too:)

brianimal

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
briana
I never realized that Netherland Dwarf Rabbits were so common! I never knew too much about the breeds until about a year ago I started researching them a lot more, rabbits are such fascinating animals!
Here's a picture of mine:heart:

Greyson: 6 yr old Netherland Dwarf

Baby Jetson: This is when he was just a little guy

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
everyone's bunnies are so cute!!!

i also have a rabbit. his name is milo, he's a holland lop. he was born this year, june 26. he's a very cute, mellow, affectionate, and happy bunny. i love watching him sleep, preen, eat, stretch, run, everything, especially when he binkies around my living room. it's the most darling thing ever.

brianimal

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
briana
Yess!!! the binkies! Love the binkies. Greyson is a rather reserved bunny, only doing half-binkies ocasionally, while Jetson would binky CONSTANLY, he was such a happy-go-lucky bunny i miss him :(

btw: is your profile picture a realistically porportioned example? If it is that is you have on tiny little rabbit! how cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.