• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any experience building a aviary.

Chinensis

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Excalfactoria
Hi I am looking to build an aviary for Australian birds, roughly 3x2x2 meters out of mostly metal, I am wondering what to consider eg. mice proof, double doors, bird compatibility, list of good Aussie birds to suit and aviary, maybe even if anyone has experience having a small water feature inside the aviary.

I am looking at a pavers floor as it has to be moved from its build location to its final resting place, any other specific info on bird boxes or breeding, looking to accumulate as much knowledge before starting to build, also what would the rough estimated cost be???

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Hi I am looking to build an aviary for Australian birds, roughly 3x2x2 meters out of mostly metal, I am wondering what to consider eg. mice proof, double doors, bird compatibility, list of good Aussie birds to suit and aviary, maybe even if anyone has experience having a small water feature inside the aviary.

I am looking at a pavers floor as it has to be moved from its build location to its final resting place, any other specific info on bird boxes or breeding, looking to accumulate as much knowledge before starting to build, also what would the rough estimated cost be???
Did you look on YouTube? I find videos most helpful.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma