• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another sad rehome ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciesana

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
*sigh*

" I have an unrelated pair of quakers who have become more interested in each other and nesting than they are in me. The female was bonded to my dog until the male came along. Now she's bonded to the male. I have no interest in breeding as they were both rescues who were intended to be companions. Since they have started nesting, they've been uninterested in interaction with me. I am interested in trading the pair for an interactive companion bird or a large aquarium. "

See here:
FOR-TRADE: Unrelated Quaker M/F pair (nesting) Saanich, Victoria

Gigi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Vickie
Awww that is terrible. My budgies don't give me the time of day but that doesn't make me love them less.

You'd think a person compassionate enough to 'rescue' animals would be compassionate enough to let them be birds and stop being so selfish. She shouldn't adopt if she's not planning on providing a permanent home! :mad:

By 'rescue' she probably means she paid fifty bucks for them off somebody on Craigslist or something. It isn't really rescuing at all though, if you turn around and do the exact same thing someone else did, and put them up for sale again.

brazilianangel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sue
Poor birds, i hope they do find a loving home. None of my budgies are tame, they have never been tame and one even attacks people if we get too close, i still love them and can't ever imagine not having them here.

I don't understand why some people can't let birds be birds. I really can't stand when people give, sell or trade their bird or any other animal just because they don't live up to the their expectations.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Me, me, me, my ego, me, me, me. :(

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:(

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
All I can do is roll my eyes at this person and hope those birds find a good home.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Another "conditional" bird lover.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
John said it so well...me me me my ego ande me....that is so sad so very very sad...only 3 of the seven birds here are tame...do we care? not at all...they are wild and dont pay us any mind..do we love them any less? NO...

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
this is so very sad. those birds deserve better. argh. i hope she does not get another bird after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.