• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another Pellet Conversion Thread (PRETTY BIRD -> HARRISON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
It's now day 5 of the conversion and I'm giving up. She's miserable and she's making me feel miserable. She would eat the Harrison when nothing else is there and even that, she is not eating enough. She's cranky and has been screaming all day.

So what other pellet choices should I try? Should I go get a bag of Zupreem fruit blend?
I keep Lafeber pellets in the cages at all times and they all get fresh food in the morning and a small amount of the seeds in the afternoon. They all seem to like the Lafebers fine, I like the condition my birds are in. I used to feed fruit blend but the poops were all bright and red and seemed to smell, they don't anymore. I don't see my Linnie eat the pellets much, he prefers his fresh food. Same with Merlin, my new white fronted amazon.

pga7602

Jogging around the block
Any updates on this? :)
Hi Steve... I don't have any good news so far. She's still getting some PB in the morning and a little at night. She is only offered Harrisons and Zupreen naturals the rest of the day. I see crumbs on the floor so I know she is nibbling on the two, but she won't eat any more than that.

I am thinking it's going to take another month or so to get her fully converted.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
That's ok, all in their own time... lol. One thing we all learn keeping birds is patience!

At least she's eating some - one day she'll surprise you and eat the lot. How's her weight going, during the conversion?

pga7602

Jogging around the block
I'm weak, so I've been giving her enough PB to sustain her average weight. I feel like her slave sometimes. I wish I can just scream and break everything in my house when I don't get to eat big macs every day. :p

pga7602

Jogging around the block
Boy oh boy do I feel bad......

Here I thought I had a bad bird that just refused to try new things. After upsetting her for a full month trying to get her to eat her Harrison's I came upon Sajoj's thread about a bad batch of food. I quickly checked the bag and long behold, I realize that I am one of those who got stuck with a 5 lb bag of rock pellets (expiration 10/10).... I wanted to test the theory out before pointing the finger and went to my local vet to get a small bag of pellets. I dropped it in her bowl with her pretty bird and watched. She went right for a taste test and it passes.

She's now eating her Harrisons!!!!!!! :omg:

I feel really bad for putting her through this guys... :(

I sent out a PM to Jean asking for advice on what to do with the bad bag of food. I hope she can help me do an exchange for this bag...

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
That's great news! Now she's eating Harrisons, regardless of how you made it work :D

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
YAY! i understand teh frustration i didn't even think to mention that to you! im so happy! i had both my fosters just about fully converted (and my sun) when i got 2 (yes 2) bad batches, i had to order from teh company to get a good batch and haven't got it yet, so now they HAVE to eat that PB (not my favorite...ick) until my harrisons gets in!

Status
Not open for further replies.