• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another HUGE milestone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java FLEW to me from the other room!!! TWICE!!! I had brought him into the living room where my grandmother and uncle are watching TV, and sat him on a little UPS box that was on the floor, and left the room. I figured he'd start chirping for me. I go down the hall and into the kitchen for a few seconds and then come back, before I make it completely down the hall, I hear him flapping and then he rounds the corner and at this point, he's above eye level. He landed on my chest and just sat there nonchalantly! He gained altitude and turned a corner ALL on his OWN!!! And all without seeing me.

We're still shocked at this feat. So, I put him back on the box and walked away. I was almost certain that he wasn't going to do it a second time. So, I go into the kitchen for a second or two then head back to the living room, right as I round the corner, I see him in mid-air flying right for me, and once again he aimed for me. So, I held out my hands and he grabbed on with his beak before I cradled him comfortably!!! I NEVER thought he'd be able to gain altitude with his missing feathers, but he did all by himself, FROM THE FLOOR!!! I wanted to see if he would do it a third time, but he wouldn't, so I didn't push him. All he wanted me to do was pick him up and hold him! I'm so proud of him! This just made my day!!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Omg wow!!!

I am so excited and pleased for you both. I hope he continues to practice his flying :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yep, Nerd flew like a brick because several flights on one wing were always missing or deformed but he'd try every so often or make the occasional emergency escape crash. when he'd manage to grow in enough flights he'd be able to make rudimentary turns and things and he'd be so proud of himself when he made it where he wanted to go. we always praised him for a good flight and also every time he stretch out his wings. The bad one he was ashamed of and I also think it hurt to stretch it out so he'd do a quick flip out with it but make sure to really fan out his good one to show off his feathers.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:yah: How exciting!!! Go Java!!! :starshower1:

I´m so happy for you both! Please keep us updated as he flies more ❤❤

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
That is so great! Faith will take a few flights, but I think he is more afraid of landing than flying. Hope lost two of her clipped baby flight feathers just yesterday, so praying new flight feathers are on their way. Looking forward to seeing her fly.

It does make you happy and proud of your babies when they start flying. Kind of like when your children start walking.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
:yes4::birdance::yahoo:

Way to go Java!!! This is such great news Brittany!!! Congrats to you and Java!!!! Happy flying Java!! :fly2:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This makes my heart so happy to hear. Way to go Java! :heart:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:fairy3::omg::bliss:

Landing will be harder because of his one foot but flying will give him more freedom & confidence.

I predict soon he will be using those wings alot...

Way to fly Java!!!

:congratsbig:

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, everyone! It still warms my heart to see him improving. Just the other day, he lost his footing on his platform, but instead of hitting the ground like a rock, he flew to the other side of the room and landed softly on the floor. He's getting bold! If he thinks I'm leaving the room, he starts leaning forward like he wants to fly and snaking his neck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.