• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another baby tossed out of its nest by a crow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovieLuvr

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
I was talking on the phone yesterday and I heard some angry Robins. They usually don't make much noise until you get too close to their nest. I decided to look out the window, where I knew the nest was and saw an American Crow destroying it! Three babies fell out and it got one of the babies, until the parents chased it away. I picked up the other two, one died from the fall and the smallest one survived. I talked to my friends at the bird clinic and they said that this was the 6th case of crows destroying nests that day.

Here it is, the lone survivor:
DSC_0052.jpg

I transported it in a goldfish box :lol:
DSC_0053.jpg

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwww, glad you saved the baby. Is there a wildlife rehab near you, or you gonna be a robin mommie?:heart:

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
Aww ! im soo glad you have the poor baby. Are you going to keep it until its bigger?

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
I'm guessing that she transported it to wildlife rehab (or to one of their pickup points) in the box? :huh: Poor little guy. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor little t ykey..bless your heart for saving it

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Stupid crows! I watched one kill a baby red winged black bird, I cried all day. It was so sad, I was right there and could do nothing to stop it. I am so glad this little one made it!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hate seeing things like that happen and feeling so helpless.

Matt

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
I did transport him to a wild bird clinic (tristatebird.org) that I interned at for 2 years in college and where I still volunteer now. :) I hope I don't have to see another crow kill babies in my yard, I felt so bad for the one that the crow half killed. :(

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
Awwww, glad you saved the baby. Is there a wildlife rehab near you, or you gonna be a robin mommie?:heart:
Haha I wish I could be a robin mommie, but its illegal. So I volunteer where I can be a mommie to MANY babies...my favorites are robins, carolina wrens, blue jays, cedar waxwings and northern flickers! The occasional baby killdeer and hawks are cute too. They are all so adorable in many different ways. :)

P.S. I always change clothes and shower before I come home so Stitch never becomes exposed to everything I'm around.

Status
Not open for further replies.