• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Angry parrotlet

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
6 and half paficif parrotlet has recently been very angry aggressive and horny. Humps multiple times a day. I always try and stop him but sometimes I can’t or not home .
my bird has went threw phases where he bit or was territorial but this is different he has violent outburst where he will jump at me and attack me continue to bite hard ( draw blood and bruise) and not let go even when I get him off he runs back at me . would appreciate some advice

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Fyi he still cuddles and like scratches the outburst are random

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Sounds to me like hormones and the frustrations that seem to come along with them.

I do not believe it is healthy or in a birds best interest for owners/humans to stop them sexually relieving themselves- if it is on you that is very different and inappropriate so should be stopped but if it is on a perch, toy or something else or in their cage and they are not causing themselves any damage then I do not see the benefit to stopping them relieving themselves.

Joe Henderson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
He does it a lot and it can cause a prolapse if done a lot