• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

And This Is Why You Don't Buy Expensive Tapestry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
But Mom, didn't you buy them as a new exercise toy for me? I mean, they work just fine as a ladder....

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
haha Little bugger. just like Chiquita. You don't even what to know how many holes are in my blinds.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:lol::lol:Perfect hideout if it wasn't for that red tail.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That red tail gives them away every time! :lol:

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
Oh no, those look nice too. Penny's new bag is to fly up to the top of the drapes and chew on the hooks. Maybe she chews the fabric too, I'm not sure. I have dropcloth drapes so I don't worry about it too much - they were cheap enough. Dropcloth Drapes ? The Lettered Cottage I worry about when I get nicer stuff, though!

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Oh no, those look nice too. Penny's new bag is to fly up to the top of the drapes and chew on the hooks. Maybe she chews the fabric too, I'm not sure. I have dropcloth drapes so I don't worry about it too much - they were cheap enough. Dropcloth Drapes ? The Lettered Cottage I worry about when I get nicer stuff, though!
That's a GREAT idea! Ours weren't expensive luckily....about 20 bucks a panel (which compared to what is out there is cheap...) but I've only had them like 1 week and he's put in a hole for everyday I've had them! :lol:

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
:rofl:Doisy used to do the same thing until we moved. Now he just uses the one panel as a ladder between cages...even though the cages are about a foot apart and he's flighted.:rolleyes:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
:rofl:Doisy used to do the same thing until we moved. Now he just uses the one panel as a ladder between cages...even though the cages are about a foot apart and he's flighted.:rolleyes:
Psh....flying gets old! The ladder method adds an element of danger!

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Psh....flying gets old! The ladder method adds an element of danger!
The danger of me getting mad at him for climbing on the curtains & putting him in his cage:lol: At least once a day it's me yelling "DOISY!" At least he doesn't hide in them anymore.:rolleyes:

frankensteinflys

Strolling the yard
My curtains and drapes always had to be repaired from my birds chewing on them. I finally gave up and just bought some material that was "close" to the pattern to fix the holes. I got tired of buying new drapes (I resorted to buying drapes from Goodwill).

Now I put clear plastic panels against the back of the cockatoo's and large parrot's cages that are in front of my windows. One cockatoo stretttchhheeesss his feet to purposely drag in a curtain or a sheer to chew on thru the small, unprotected corner. And I gave him some scrap material tied to the edge of the cage to chew on too. He wants what he can't have...

I can't let them out of their cages without watching them.

susand

Jogging around the block
Real Name
susan
Oh you can buy it but its just not yours any more hahahah! He looks like hes having lotsOfun at your expence ;)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
haha! That's so funny, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.