• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

An interesting interview with Dr Driggers

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I have heard a few members here mention him as their AV before but have never seen him till today. He seems like a great vet and brought up some great points about nutrition and safety. He's very well spoken. I found it extra interesting what he said about pellets being made for chickens and the origin of parrots eating sunflowers seeds.

I know a lot of us probably know most of this stuff already but still felt it was worth posting if you have the time to watch it

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thanks for sharing!!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am getting ready to go to sleep. I am responding now to make it easier to find later.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No time now but taking Elaine's advice.... thanks @zoo mom

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Dr. Driggers has been my birds' vet for 21 years now. I started out with him as a pretty newly graduated vet and he started out with me as a pretty newly minted parrot owner. He has grown immensely since we first met and is now very, very good.

I know that you have heard it before, but Dr. Driggers saved my Hank for 15 years - he was deathly ill with aspergillosis when I got him - and is going on 18 years of keeping my Jasper alive - she had severe cardiomyopathy when I got her at 6 1/2 years. He has always pushed me to learn more and more and he has stated that my birds have made him a better vet - I believe it.

Loved the interview.

Kimberla

Avenue Veteran
Great information! I have a wonderful Avian Vet that says most of the same things this gentleman said in this video!! It is nice to know that there is a consensus of opinion!! Thank you for sharing!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Great interview! So happy to hear Dr. Driggers reiterate the importance of socialization and learning the uniqueness in each of our animal companions :)