• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

American Budgies

RPM

Sitting on the front steps
Please tell me this exists! I've looked for YEARS and haven't found any.
Looking for an ethical breeder that meets these standards.
* Medically healthy
* Genetically healthy
* Not overly bred
* Not overcrowded
* Fed chop and pellets
* Clean and healthy environment with natural perches, foraging, enrichment and shredding toys where they have a great life outside of breeding.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:hello: Where abouts are you looking where are you from will help others help you

RPM

:hello: Where abouts are you looking where are you from will help others help you
Thank you! I'm not sure how to edit my post to include this information. I'm in central Texas, USA

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Thank you! I sent an email but it looks like they've been done for many years.
yes, I got my budgie there just as they were closing up to do some world travelling for several years.
It has been awhile.
It seemed like they might start again or at least still have their contacts.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If you’d like an ethical budgie, you could consider budgies in online classifieds up for rehoming. :)

RPM

If you’d like an ethical budgie, you could consider budgies in online classifieds up for rehoming. :)
I take in rehomes and rescues often. They are VERY unhealthy and many die quickly. Even the babies already have fatty liver disease and other deadly health issues as our necropsy reports have shown. We lost 10 (!!!) budgies in the last 6 months that were rehomes and rescues originating from Petsmart/Co and offloaded extras from unethical home breeders.
My children and I want actual pets that we can love for many years. I don't mind taking in rescues on the side but we want at least 4 that come from good conditions and that we have a future with.