• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon roll call

What species of zon do you live with?

• Blue Front

Votes: 41 27.7%
  • Bondinus

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lilac Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Mealy

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Mexican Red Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Double Yellow Head

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Yellow Shouldered

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Panama

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • White Front

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Red Lored

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Other (in case I missed someone LOL)

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Yellow Nape

Votes: 23 15.5%

• Total voters

Willow

Sprinting down the street
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amy
I hope you folks will post photos!

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
Hi! I brought these two babies home today. My husband made the mistake of saying Newton the OW need a friend of his own kind. The rescue would only let these two go togeather as they are bonded. Not sure how adding a female into the mix will work.

:cheer:Meet Ping and Pong: OWA's 28+ years old.:cheer:

Attachments

Last edited:

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Hi! I brought these two babies home today. My husband made the mistake of saying Newton the OW need a friend of his own kind. The rescue would only let these two go togeather as they are bonded. Not sure how adding a female into the mix will work.

:cheer:Meet Ping and Pong: OWA's 28+ years old.:cheer:

Ping and Pong! How cute!!!!! And they are georgous too I might add!

Willow

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amy
AWESOME!!!!!!! I think I had seen them on Petfinder, soooo glad they have gone to an AA home!!! Woohoo! Can't wait to hear your adventures!

pineview01

Yep, I got them off petfinder from a "rescue" in OH. They are so tiny, even smaller than my other OWA. They seem so fragile, like they will break in half if you touch them.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
I thought I had posted Amos, but guess not.
He's a rehome, 20 yrs old and the sweetest Zon around! He's very quiet and quite the character when he want's to be.

Attachments

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Here are Paco (YNA), who's 29, and Bertie (OWA), who's in her mid 20's. We adopted Bertie two years ago to keep Paco company. A few months ago, he finally marched across the room to hang out with her and decided not to go home again, so I moved his cage next to hers. Now they share a double macaw cage and climb in and out and pretty much each do their own thing all day, but come bedtime, they're cuddled up together on the highest perch, and Bertie preens Paco until they fall asleep. It makes me so very happy that things have worked out so well.

I should note that the photo of Paco was taken several years ago. I subsequently learned that ficus is not a bird safe plant, so that ficus tree is no longer with us.

Attachments

Last edited:

MessyBeaks

Real Name
Leigh
I'm late to this party, but here are my 3 'Zons, Lotto, Gretchen and Pumpkin!

Lotto.jpg

Gretchen.jpg

Pumpkin.jpg

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
I'm a little late to the party too!:lol:

This is Coco, my 15 year old, female, yellow crowned amazon:

Parrothood

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
George
I just added a yna to the gang. I've seen lots of yellow napes and have always envied those who've had them but the chance to have one of my own was never there until just a couple days ago. I saw one for sale at a good price so mentioned the ad to my partner who said, "Well, you're birthday is coming up and I have the money set aside for your gift so if that's what you want, that's what I will get you and that way I won't have to worry about what you want." So, we went and looked at the yna and he was perfect. He's been a lot of fun. He/she is in perfect feather, great personality and a great talker too. Buddy (That's his/her name) was very well taken care of in previous home and it was very obvious that his family had spent lots of time with him/her.

Heatherina

Hit the Road
Im not sure where to vote but i will tell ya here. I have a yellow winged Amazon named Oscar who is my baby. He is 2 1/2 years old and the nicest baby you will ever find.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
Ok I guess now I need to add Gryphon to the list. He's a 20+ YNA, wild captured bird. He's retired from breeding and learning to tolerate me being his new parront :lol:

Attachments

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Can we play?

Solomon is my 'bluffer' of a Zon. A big boy, my Mealy. He's also so handsome.

And my little new guy Gimli. He's a 30+ year old, Mexican Red Headed Amazon. He likes Sweden, my little Too, but it was instant amazon attitude when he and Solomon saw each other.

Last edited: