• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon feet....

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have 2 blue fronts, both are DNA male. One has big feet, one has small. Has anybody else found 2 of the same species that have vastly different feet size?

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, foot size varies considerably. I've seen it in parrots and wild red tails. It's one of the things we falconers look at when deciding to keep a bird. A small male with thick strong toes could handle prey better than a larger bird with skinny toes and thin tarsi. I've passed over some nice looking Hawks because they had smaller feet than I thought necessary to handle the target game species. Similar to people being big or small boned.

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
Yes! Harley has big greyish feet and Luna has tiny little reddish feet. They are both quite different. She is a lutino, Harley a pied, could also be gender? They're feet are quite different.

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
I only have Lucy for a comparison, so to me she has big feet. I do know if she ever gets a grip on you, you have to pry her feet open to get loose :wacky:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I only have Lucy for a comparison, so to me she has big feet. I do know if she ever gets a grip on you, you have to pry her feet open to get loose :wacky:
I have puncture wounds from MC. He need his nails done.