• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aloe Detox Formula Dosage

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Okay, Gary has told me at least twice already but I just cannot remember how much to how much water!!:rofl:
Soooo please Gary if you are reading, could you post it here and we can refer back when needed?
thank you!!!!:D
See I even took a picture for you in front of my pretty new palm tree :laughing6:

aloedetox.JPG

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that is a good idea Saroj - then we have it

love the new palm!!

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Since when do bird toy bells grow on palm trees? :huh: :p Stop with the pics, you're making me want a palm tree. First caiques, then living in Florida, now trees, what's next?

Macawlvr

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
James / Krames
Saroj, only you could make a bottle of Aloe Detox look good!
Saroj...you should be in advertising..:lol:
I so agree with both of you. :p

Well, until Gary gets here to give you more detailed information. If you want to start now, it's a cap full for every 30 ounces of water.
Don't worry a whole lot about getting the measurement of Aloe Detox to water to a precise exact mix...Carol Swicegood said she didn't think you could overdose them with it. She was giving it almost half and half at one point with one of her eclectus...and with almost miraculous results too.

Or if you want to mix up a larger batch, it's a cap full for every litter of water...or four cap fulls if you're mixing up a gallon jug...leave yourself some room in the bottles or gallon jugs for mixing/shaking it up.
You want to give it to them everyday for a week.

I'm sure Gary will be here later with more info.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I so agree with both of you. :p

Well, until Gary gets here to give you more detailed information. If you want to start now, it's a cap full for every 30 ounces of water.
Don't worry a whole lot about getting the measurement of Aloe Detox to water to a precise exact mix...Carol Swicegood said she didn't think you could overdose them with it. She was giving it almost half and half at one point with one of her eclectus...and with almost miraculous results too.

Or if you want to mix up a larger batch, it's a cap full for every litter of water...or four cap fulls if you're mixing up a gallon jug...leave yourself some room in the bottles or gallon jugs for mixing/shaking it up.
You want to give it to them everyday for a week.

I'm sure Gary will be here later with more info.
ah James you are a veritable font of information.....i thank you much!!!:highfive:
Saroj, where did you buy yours?
My local health food store got it for me....it's new packaging...:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's a totally all natural product and won't harm them if they drink it full strength and they certainly wont OD on it either.

I've always tried to get them to drink it at 50/50 strength if I'm using it to help a sick bird but the taste is pretty strong. It depends on the bird and whether they like the taste or not as to how strong you can give it to them.

Macawlvr

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
James / Krames
what does that liquid do?
It cleans the liver out for one thing, but a more general explanation of it to me is that it flushes their system out.
Don't be alarmed when their poops change color and get dark, it only means that the Aloe Detox is working to flush their systems.

Gary is the person who got me into using/doing this...he's a treasure trove of knowledge.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
It cleans the liver out for one thing, but a more general explanation of it to me is that it flushes their system out.
Don't be alarmed when their poops change color and get dark, it only means that the Aloe Detox is working to flush their systems.

Gary is the person who got me into using/doing this...he's a treasure trove of knowledge.
If its flushing their systems, what's happening to their bacteria in their gut? Good/bad bacteria? Do you need to supplement with probiotics when your giving them this?? I know some things will wipe out good and bad bacteria and if you dont help keep up with the good bacteria the bad will take over. (well My tiel anyway, she has problems with her bacteria, has had them since before I got her at the breeders)

Thanks! :)

Macawlvr

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
James / Krames
If its flushing their systems, what's happening to their bacteria in their gut? Good/bad bacteria? Do you need to supplement with probiotics when your giving them this?? I know some things will wipe out good and bad bacteria and if you dont help keep up with the good bacteria the bad will take over. (well My tiel anyway, she has problems with her bacteria, has had them since before I got her at the breeders)

Thanks! :)
I'm not 100% positive but I don't think it affects the 'good bacteria' at all. It's not like ACV (apple cider vinegar) where it kills off bacteria, good and bad. It's basically flushing the impurities from their systems and organs, especially the liver. You can read a bit more about it here Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - Kitchen Physician V - Herbal Remedies For Parrots and Pet Birds
Carolyn Swicegood of Land of Vos fame is the person who first made it popular among bird keepers...and Gary has also brought that same concept along with many other things to all of us as bird keepers.

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Hi, like James mentioned you are flushing the toxins from the liver and other organs. Aloe detox does not eradicate bacteria like antibiotics so you are not going to need a probiotic to follow the treatment.

Dosing, start the bird out on a half a cap full to a pint of water. Once it is used to the taste increase it to a full cap full to a pint of water. Like John mentioned if the bird is sick or you think it may have ingested something toxic give it to them 50/50 or stronger as long as they drink it.

James you did a very good explanation....:dance4::dance4:

gary

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Make sure you refrigerate your aloe/water mixture and change your water out at least two times a day. For the best results, you can pull your bird's water at night. First thing in the morning, serve the aloe detox water. A bird will drink the most first thing. This way, you are sure he is getting a good dose of it. This is how I detox my birds. It is good to do it about 2 times a year.

I usually change out the water to fresh water in the afternoon/evening. The morning water is the aloe mixture.

Aloe detox cleanses the liver and kidneys. It also contains herbs that are very helpful to the liver and kidneys, as well to help circulation, heart and help boost their immune system: Milk Thistle Seed, Burdock Root, Dandelion Root, Green Tea Leaf, Red Clover Tops, Echinacea Angustifolia Root

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
Maybe some of us humans should be drinking a glass full of A.D. everyday.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Maybe some of us humans should be drinking a glass full of A.D. everyday.

You said it!! I do drink Aloe Vera juice but maybe I should start drinking the Detox version. The wife keeps telling me I'm full of crap. :D

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
where can i get this detox juice? and also, since AVC kills good and bad bacteria, should i keep giving it to my fids? i thought it helped them

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
where can i get this detox juice? and also, since AVC kills good and bad bacteria, should i keep giving it to my fids? i thought it helped them
Erika, I got mine at the local health food store :)