• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

All you cockatoo experts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
It is SO EASY to get a Too excited and stimulated...

The Teenagers get The G2s really riled up with sock tug-of-war also.

I don't think it is "bad" to get a Too excited; you just have to make sure that there are no body parts in harms way.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Now you can see why we say nothing, nothing can prepare you for these birds!

They are a whole nuther beast.:rolleyes:
Oh I see alright and this is only the beginning :D

All I can say is "those crazy too's". There is excited and then there is TOO excited and if you cross that fine line look out there can be a good bite involved (as you know). You have too keep things calm right now and for a while until you all know one another a LOT better.
As for books well.....I have done all my research on line and talking to MANY people. I don't think there is any book on the face of this earth that can prepare you for your BIG adventure.
Consistency here is going to be a big thing, weather it be positive reinforcement or discipline. This too needs rules and boundaries set and in time with your consistency the bird will learn what is acceptable and what is not but it will also know what to expect when it does not follow the rules.
I wish you nothing but the best of luck in this too rehabilitation process and am looking forward to reading about it I sure do hope that the bites stop as soon as possible.
Thanks I can tell already that consistency will be the key here. As for getting excited, it takes very little for her to get excited. I told the dog to lay down because he heard someone outside and she was jumping up and down in my lap! :rofl:

As far as burning off some energy how do you think she would do in a harness?? Maybe you can get her outside (if it's nice) or maybe a trip to the store or something.
I don't have a harness yet but that's going to be one of the first things I get. Right now though she's afraid of my kitchen much less anything outside of the house. It'll be a while before we start traveling I think. I think her world has just been turned upside down and she doesn't know what to make of it all, but overall I think she'll warm up just fine :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
It is SO EASY to get a Too excited and stimulated...

The Teenagers get The G2s really riled up with sock tug-of-war also.

I don't think it is "bad" to get a Too excited; you just have to make sure that there are no body parts in harms way.
Oh yes she LOVES socks! I keep that up on the top of the cage ;)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The Internet is the biggest, baddest, best book that has ever been. It's the only book that "updates" on real time. It's not just old facts and reading. It's conversation. What could be better than that? :D

Last edited:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
The Internet is the biggest, baddest, best book that has ever been. It's the only book that "updates" on real time. It's not just reading. It's conversation. What could be better than that? :D
Good point. Still I loved referring to my Grey books as Dakota was going through her stages. Know what I mean? I was up til 130am reading on mytoos forums last night :D

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Well I did see bite photos much worse than my upper lip which by the way is almost healed up. It just looks like I had some acne there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.