• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alexandrine not eating

son of eevil

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mitch
Hi there,

A bit of background to start off, I have a 1.5 year old male Alexandrine, normally whenever he gets a fresh bowl of seed he's so excited to get to it he's trying to pick out the seed from the stream going into his bowl but this morning when I filled up the bowl he wasn't interested, he wouldn't take a sunflower seed (his favourite) from my fiance, he took it from me but just held it in his beak and stared at me.

I checked his poop and it seems normal, no discoloration. no black, ect, ect.

I did see him with his head in the seed ~5 minutes later and he was happy to take a cherry tomato after that.

But what is strange about all this is that it's first time he's never gone for fresh seed straight away or refused a hand given sunflower seed.

I'm going to move his yearly vet check forward a little bit to next week but if you have any advice more me in the interim please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mitch

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is he moulting? When my guy is molting (right now) his appatite is off...Merlin dosent eat alot of seed, hes more into the fruit and veggies with the daily avicake or nutriberry.