• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aldoras bedtime routine

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The other night I was doing the usual wipe down of the cages before bed. I´m enjoying Aldora/Jaimes new cage because I can get in the door and turn my head around and clean it good. So I´m in there, and I feel what felt like a hair or two got caught on the door or something. I carry on, and I felt it again.....
There´s a cork platform right above the doorway that Aldora goes up and sits on to make angry noises while I clean their cage, and she´d leant over to yoink my hairs out! o_O
Honestly, some stuff happens between us and our pet birds, and you just couldn´t make it up! :faint:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The other night I was doing the usual wipe down of the cages before bed. I´m enjoying Aldora/Jaimes new cage because I can get in the door and turn my head around and clean it good. So I´m in there, and I feel what felt like a hair or two got caught on the door or something. I carry on, and I felt it again.....
There´s a cork platform right above the doorway that Aldora goes up and sits on to make angry noises while I clean their cage, and she´d leant over to yoink my hairs out! o_O
Honestly, some stuff happens between us and our pet birds, and you just couldn´t make it up! :faint:
Sneaky girl! Your hair probably makes wonderful nesting material. :pinksmile:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Your hair probably makes wonderful nesting material. :pinksmile:
Funny you should say that.. I noticed she was shredding and taking material up the the ledge. I bet she thinks she could make a great nest up there. But the material falls off the perch every time :lol: She still tries, and I leave her to it, keeps her entertained.

She´s actually been playing recently - Playing.. play... ing! Aldora, the one who´s never been interested in toys unless she can destroy them, has been playing... with toys!!!! For the last almost 2 weeks, she´s been ringing the bell from SSBT (Brick bell, tower bell or something, can´t quite remember the name of it). Every single day she´s been ringing the bell for a good hour! At least that bell has a really nice ring to it making it quite pleasant to listen to. :bliss:

edit; it´s called a brick house bell

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Rocket supervises me (as all the birds do) when I clean his cage by sitting on the top bar of his cage.. over my head. He was watching.. I felt safe. Until I hit something hit my hair before it hit the paper on the floor. GAAAAAH! POOPED ON AGAIN! I think I'd rather have a hair or two yoinked out. :cautious:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
She seems all cute, but she's defo a force to be reckoned with
IMG_20210208_204343.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
So cute...So sweet...so willing to take your finger off! :wacky:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That last picture!! :embarassed:
If I´d got just a smidge closer, she would have hurled herself off that ledge to bite me. She´s a bit wild like that. If I stay low I´m usually ok going in there though, it suits me well that she sits up there and waits (albeit angrily) :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
So where is poor Jaime during all of this fuss?!
Last night he did his usual escape trick. He always gets passed me. He went and spent some time with my partner who was at his computer :)

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have to admit, I’d love to scratch her fluffy little cheeks :xflove: , but I know she’d take a hunk out of me if I tried!:roflmao:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I’d love to scratch her fluffy little cheeks :xflove:
My partner is the only one that can touch her like that. And yes, I´m 99% sure she wouldn´t let you near her. She´ll come over and perch on me, but doesn´t want to be touched :)