• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air Filtration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artistic Feathers

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jenn
Hi, I am wondering how I can cut down on the dust.
We currently have 10 birds collectively btwn my boyfriend and I.
I am wondering if anyone uses and air filter in their bird room?
If so, what kind and what are the results?

The cockatiels are the worst offenders, that also tend to make my conure and quakers sneeze. Anyone with ideas?!?!?!
:confused:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh yes, we use air filiters here! I could live without my air purifiers! OH MY they make a HUGE difference in the quality of air we all breath! I recommend HEPA! And the largest one you can buy (I buy the ones that are like $129-169). Larger is definitely bigger when it comes to the HEPA filters and having birds, JMHO.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Artistic Feathers

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jenn
Sorry didn't mean to repeat a post...Just joined ;)

Thank you for your quick and informative responses, Mercedez & TITANIS!! Very helpful :)

Last edited:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Right now we have 2 Honeywell Hepa Air Purfiers in the birds room, one in my sons room and one in my daughters room My daughters room is beside the birds room my son has a tiel and 2 ringneck doves in his room

birds room is full with 9 cockatiels, 2 Quakers, 20+ budgie parakeets, 2 rosy Bourke's and 8 lovebirds and 2 conures

when we get the money (hopefully here soon) we are buying a Austin Air Purfier and the 2 in the birds room will be removed and one will be in the living room (2 Quakers) and my room(Indian ringneck parakeet soon to be 2, and what ever babies Im hand feeding at the time)

when you go to buy one DO NOT BUY ONE WITH A IONIZER the 2 smaller ones in my kids room have them BUT you have to turn the IONIZER ON - and it is NEVER turned on Ever!
I didn't know it until after I bought it and the time ran out to return them that they even had a Ionizer on it

the Ionizer is dangerous to the birds and unhealthy for us humans as well

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Status
Not open for further replies.