• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Greys can be really hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I have noticed that I can leave any of the three parrots out and they will do their own thing to amuse themselves and enjoy some interaction with me while I get on with some other work.
Soon as the two female Greys come out they want my undivided attention at all times!
I have to down tools and comply with their requests or world war 111 will just break out!
Scooby perches on my head and takes off for different parts of the room, using me as a launching pad or a landing strip!
Leroy sits on my arm and expects me to love and kiss her to death most of the time or scratch her head while she kisses me.
Should I stop then it is down onto the carpet and the foraging movement that plays havoc with the pile. We end up then throwing her the battered woolly hat of John's that is now full of holes from her attacks.
It is so empty, quiet and peaceful when they have been covered for the night.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:laughing12:and you love every minute of it...:heart:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they can be, but life wouldn't be the same without them!!! sounds like there is always activity at your house :heart:

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
Hahahahaha it's soooo true!!!! Claybird has to be up my but all day for hugs and snuggles.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL They sound so fun!
It is kind of the opposite here...Choppy can entertain himself, likes us near, but is pretty independent.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
Chico freaks out whenever one of us leaves the room, even if he's engrossed in eating or playing with some toy (humans included) and he hears one of us leave he'll stop, stand to attention and call after us. He can be very velcro when he wants to, if you're in the same room he's fine, if you leave he wants to be there. Cuddles mostly come on his terms, when we first come home, or first thing in the morning, or in the evening, otherwise, he really can't be bothered. :p

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Boogie is not a cuddler but he wants to be able to see me

he talks up a storm all day and it tickles my DH. I did not know it, but Boogie does not talk or call if I am away from home

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Are you sure they aren't cockatoos in disguise!! :D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
John are you saying my Greys aren't normal??? Well I have been told on many occasions through life that they broke the mould when they made me, so it is understandable my Greys are going the same way!:hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.